ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH2 Bootlid on a ph1?

?
Anyone know if this is a straight swap? Ph2 boot lid im looking of getting will have motor built in etc.

I know they have no key hole but will it still lock properly as per the central locking?

Want to know if this will be a worthwhile mod :p

?
I cant see them making major changes to the locking mechanism between ph1/ph2 really? but then again ANYTHING is possible lol!

I wanted to do it the other way round..lol
as it would be cheaper to buy a second hand ph1 and smooth that off.
apparently its a straight swap.

clio sport ph1 172
I can confirm the ph2 bootlid will fit a ph1 and the locks will also work fine. the rear end of all clio from 98 to 05 are the same its just the front end thats different.

I fitted a non sport bumper to my non sport and the only holes that lined up were the ones on the rear quarters...

I have one on my car, but some later vee's have the ph1 boot :S I think they just used what was lying around.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
I did it on mine, you need to re use the psh1 wiper motor as the psh2 unit wont work with the psh1 loom, it only goes 3/4 of the way round

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
I fitted a non sport bumper to my non sport and the only holes that lined up were the ones on the rear quarters...

i fetted a ph2 172 bumper to my ph1 grande, there were holes underneigh the boot lid, but no threads in then, just popped a bolt behind and screwd it on,

lined up on the quatres and underneigh perfectly, :S

?
Btw guys, seems to be a bit of confusion.

Im not talking about the rear bumper ... im talking about the rear bootlid (including glass)

Anyone have any more ideas?

Btw guys, seems to be a bit of confusion.

Im not talking about the rear bumper ... im talking about the rear bootlid (including glass)

Anyone have any more ideas?
Lol, somehow the convo got onto talking about bumpers...

If you keep the ph1 wiper motor as said then it should be reet.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Is this what you mean?
SDC12476.gif