ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 1 sports seats in my phase 2

Hi, fitted my phase 1 sports seats into my phase two and i have a few problems

1. They are unbelievably stiff in myoving forwards and back ! even when using wd40 etc
2. The air bag and service light has come on as the wiring doesnt seem to match up so left it, can i get a resistor for the end of it ?
3. The phase two rail covers dont fit over the phase 1 seat rails and seatbelt, do i need to buy another set ?

Any help appreciated, especially with the stiffness and the airbag light

cheers
henry

clio 172
hi you prob can cut connetors and wire dirrectly but dont hold me to it prob bout 90 percent sure and are the rails fitted perfectly flat and sqaure fited seats in another car and that happened as the rails were twisting locking them up try to sping bolts of slightly see if they free up ohh and so u know i had ph1 and my belt tensioner cables were hard wired no plugs was mint

hi you prob can cut connetors and wire dirrectly but dont hold me to it prob bout 90 percent sure and are the rails fitted perfectly flat and sqaure fited seats in another car and that happened as the rails were twisting locking them up try to sping bolts of slightly see if they free up ohh and so u know i had ph1 and my belt tensioner cables were hard wired no plugs was mint

Ah cheers yeah they arent as tight as they could be as i did it in pitch black dark last night , so you reckon thats the reason ?
How hard was it to wire without connectors ? Wires just go together with colour ?

Also , you know anything about the rail cover things ?

I just changed over the pre-tensioners as all connections will then be the same, i'm sure my rail runner things fitted over my ph1 sport seats so im slightly confused there.

I just changed over the pre-tensioners as all connections will then be the same, i'm sure my rail runner things fitted over my ph1 sport seats so im slightly confused there.

Hmm well i had no idea what to do so pulled them apart snapping the plastic connectors , no idea what to do in regards to the electrics tbh !
And as for the runners its because they werent totally flat as i hadnt put in the plastic circles which were still connected to the old seats , all sorted now though

Also , the alacantara is bobbling , any idea how to get rid of it ?

clio 172
if colors are the same hardwire it mate its two wires and they do the same thing ignite a seat belt pre tensioner

if colors are the same hardwire it mate its two wires and they do the same thing ignite a seat belt pre tensioner

Should i be using the seat belt holders from my old seats ?
I have a few pics here from under the drivers seats , not very good as its dark , but oh well
Any help appreciated !

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327436420.443366.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327436420.443366.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 79
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327436436.813498.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327436436.813498.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 90
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327436451.275101.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327436451.275101.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 91
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327436469.842447.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327436469.842447.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 82
ohh if you have your old buckels just bolt them in mate then theyll plug straight in

Haha are you sure ?
I think i have sussed the drivers side , but passenger side has two sets of cables , the first being the ones coming from the car

Then the 2 second being the cables in the bottom of the seat , they have no way of connecting

Am i being retarded ?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327440767.711446.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327440767.711446.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 67
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327440785.131817.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327440785.131817.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 70
  clio 172
naahhh im not sur ahahahha what ur missing is im sure ph2 seats have side impact airbags and ph1 seats do not and the other is for belt tensioner make sense ?

Both the ph1 seats have airbag symbols on them
Well the passenger seat has 2 cables which fit into the metal bit on the seat belt , not 1 lol
I am actually so confused aha !
The airbag light goes off for a few seconds after turning on the car then comes back on !

Irritating as this would lead to an MOT fail would it not ?

Good , just annoying then !
Gonna just try and hard wire it tomorrow i reckon
Hows it menna go ?
Car to seat to seatbelt ?