ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 1 v6 - Pictures & short video

I went for a drive in West Somerset and into North Devon yesterday, there are some great roads in and around Exmoor National Park with some really impressive scenery along the way too. I took a few pictures towards the end of drive before I headed for home, here are a couple of the better ones:

22ygeg.jpg

2wn7fxt.jpg

I also made a short video to show the sound of the Janspeed exhaust fitted to the car:

I hope you like them, I have other pictures from earlier in the year of the v6 up on the moor itself if anyone would like to see them but I will save posting them for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Epic lurking there!

Any other mods done to it? How long have you owned it for?

Haha! Thanks :)

I purchased it at the end of July 2011, It came fitted with the Janspeed and a BMC CDA. I haven't done any other mods to it myself though. I have just concentrated on keeping it good mechanical and cosmetic condition, but as time has gone on and I can't see myself parting with it I am becoming more and more tempted to make a few changes, such as adding Recaro Pole Positions to improve the seating position and possibly a few other bits.

Haha! Thanks :)

I purchased it at the end of July 2011, It came fitted with the Janspeed and a BMC CDA. I haven't done any other mods to it myself though. I have just concentrated on keeping it good mechanical and cosmetic condition, but as time has gone on and I can't see myself parting with it I am becoming more and more tempted to make a few changes, such as adding Recaro Pole Positions to improve the seating position and possibly a few other bits.
Providing you just do cosmetic changes I say go for it.

How many miles is it on?

The ph1 really is becoming very very cool now in my eyes!

Looks a great example!

Thank you! :) The Phase 1 has an unfair share of negative press in the past (often seemingly from those who have little experience with them), but it's nice to see them finding similar popularity alongside the Phase 2 now.

Cool. Mine on almost 52k now.

They've always been cool, just not a lot of people know it :(

I have only ever seen 1 Illiad blue Phase 1 so you certainly own an enviable example there, is it your everyday car? I used to have the 172 Cup but sold it last year and now use the v6 everyday, It makes every trip that little bit more special :).

Agreed!
I might go down the Ph1 route when I get my next one!

You know it makes sense! :approve:

An orange one
Having owned a ph1 back in 2006 they definately arent a bad handling car, but theres no doubt the ph2 is the better drive.. just feels tighter and more stable.

Now I find the styling of the original just so cool. Andy's ph1 was following me on the lakes meet recently and they look mega following you.