ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Philips X-Treme Power headlight bulbs - up to 80% more light?

Breaking A 172 Replica
I purchased some phillips power 2 night bulbs for my clio.

Made ALOT of difference.

Would certainly recommend!

172 cup
http://www.carbulbsdirect.com/produ...eHistory=cat&strKeywords=&SearchFor=&PT_ID=76

Has anyone tried these uprated headlight bulbs or anything similar and if so how much difference do they make?

I suppose this would be more suited to owners of older cars as the new ones seem quite bright anyway.

Are they worth £25? The lights on my mk2 golf are really dim!

i tried some fairly expensive bulbs on my mk2 but i cant remember it making much differance but for £25 its worth a try, there has to be some downsides to driving a golf,
i think there is a mod you can make to the wiring loom, might be worth looking into this.

The Beast MK4
I got the philips power2night bulbs for my 1.2. They were awesome and you usually get a freebie such as sidelights when you order from powerbulbs.

2001 Ph1 172
how do the halfords super brilliance bulbs compare? i have a halfords trade card so may be cheeper???

1.8 16v Mk1 Ph1 + S14a
H4 is mk1 clio fitment mate

Cool :) Will look out for some as I thought my lights were pretty bad on my 1998 nissan with projectors until I found how dim the clio's are lol.

Defo want to get xenon's or the phillips ones.

Matthew

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ive got PIAA sidelights which i rate very very highly, glow same colour as xenons but dont look shite and blue like they silly cheap blue things

got Osram CoolBlue headlights bulbs, well had, one only lasted 6months then died (after changing the battery, could have been related i dont know?)

going for some PIAA ones now!