ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phone from ebay blocked?

Audi S3 225
Hi i bought a LG kp500 cookie mobile from ebay which i was told was unlocked and assured would work with my o2 sim. Anyway it doesn't work says inactive usim. Is it as simple as getting it unlocked by one of those dodgy stalls or do you think maybe the imei has been blocked? Any ideas? The user isn't replaying to my emails now...typical.

Allan

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Did you check the IMEI before you bought it?

(Stupid question TBH)

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Hi i bought a LG kp500 cookie mobile from ebay which i was told was unlocked and assured would work with my o2 sim. Anyway it doesn't work says inactive usim. Is it as simple as getting it unlocked by one of those dodgy stalls or do you think maybe the imei has been blocked? Any ideas? The user isn't replaying to my emails now...typical.

Allan

Not being funny, but have you put the sim card in the right way? I have an LG and it would not be the first time I have put it in the wrong way. It says 'Inactive USIM' when this happens.

Audi S3 225
Na didn't check imei, last time i used a site called checkmend or something like that and it stole my money and didn't reply. Some other site i tried turns out is only for Australian phones. Guess ill be contacting ebay, ya i paid through paypal so ill file a dispute i guess. Not too bothered got it fairly cheap.

Audi S3 225
I used the txt service on checkmend and the Gipsy's stole my money!! I meant that I also used another website which was free, it said that the imei wasn't blocked but i later found out it only lists blocked Australian phones.

Audi S3 225
Yes Scott the sims in the right way, i did actually put it in the wrong way first time round lol. Also should say that it did recognize the sim first time i turned it on then came up with the error when i tried testing it to send a txt.

120d M-Sport
Tried any other sims in there matey? Although it does sound blocked if the network shown up when you 1st put the sim in and it then went off :dapprove:

File a dispute matey :)