ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phoning/Texting Abroad

350Z GT
Hey :)
Basicly just a quick question incase anyone wondered off the top of their head...

My girlfriend (on vodafone payg) is in Portugal atm. I am on Orange (contract - 600mins/unlimited texts). Was just wondering if it costs me anything extra to text her or phone her from my phone considering she is still on a UK number.

350Z GT
Not a clue about anything to do with phones...
Not too bothered if she's getting charged either as she's pretty minted. Just dont want to be charged a shed load for texting her once or twice a day.

BMW 320ci
Don't think it costs you anything more, I've never been charged more when I've done it especially as in some cases you might text someone and not know they're not in the UK.

o2 Uses 4 texts out of your allowance for texts abroad back to UK Numbers.

I work abroad and pay 5 pound extra and its free to receive calls when I am abroad. I dont think they advertise it. Its a godsend for family and friends calling me up.

350Z GT
Incorrect.

Get her to text PASSPORT to 2345. This will mean It will cost the same to call and text as it does in the uk

Does that mean that we both don't have to pay more? Or does it just mean that she pays normal prices and I have to pay extra to phone her or text her?