ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photography shoot today - Christening

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
so today i did my 1st shoot for people i didn't directly know. Was asked by a friend to cover his friends babies christening as his present to them. I agreed treating it as another trial run to shooting events like this.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39958742@N08/sets/72157630034456527/

couple of my favourites

7173334999_cb3de0b9ff_z.jpg

Christening-106 by laurataylor225, on Flickr

7358477304_8ee1b6ec77_z.jpg

Christening-98 by laurataylor225, on Flickr

7173258529_ca05fd083d_z.jpg

Christening-100 by laurataylor225, on Flickr

7358484254_a2a4faccc1_z.jpg

Christening-87 by laurataylor225, on Flickr

7173277999_039053d2e3_z.jpg

Christening-68 by laurataylor225, on Flickr

7358497040_b9b6621b4a_z.jpg

Christening-66 by laurataylor225, on Flickr

7358498072_41bf37f8c4_z.jpg

Christening-65 by laurataylor225, on Flickr

7358504088_5005607a5b_z.jpg

Christening-55 by laurataylor225, on Flickr

7358504690_2339e352b2_z.jpg

Christening-54 by laurataylor225, on Flickr

7358513062_38f152b83c_z.jpg

Christening-41 by laurataylor225, on Flickr

7358528974_e5007853c6_z.jpg

Christening-17 by laurataylor225, on Flickr

Merc A class
Good effort, Some look a little over processed imo and image 2 would of been better if the woman was also sharp.

All shot with the 70-200?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
most have had no processing, the black and white ones obviously a little.

ive been asked to do so much of this kind stuff recently, and now a couple after this event, which is great. Really enjoy it just always afraid ill let people down or they wont like my style lol. I guess the bigger port folio i build the more peopple know what im abaout and what to expect.

alot was done at 50mm then some 70-200

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
hopefully they capture the atmosphere of the day, nothing i hate more than posed pictures but i love capturing people taking them... if that makes sense. kinda candid... lurking photos

Clio, Rover 25
hopefully they capture the atmosphere of the day, nothing i hate more than posed pictures but i love capturing people taking them... if that makes sense. kinda candid... lurking photos

Im taking photos for a christening on Saturday and thats exactly the way you should be photographing, natural moments are the best and youl find people like them alot more (y).But obviously posed photographs are to be taken aswell to give your client the best and choice of both types. Keep it up very well done!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i shoot on fully manual, just because i find it easier that way as i know exactly what the camera is doing.

Im chuffed with these tbh, i wouldnt find doing a few more like this :d

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I like the pictures a lot tbh. I really hate pictures that have been clearly staged, a lot of people don't photograph well when forcing a pose, they tend to look like they are trying to hold a fart in at the same time.

I like the one of the old guy sitting back and having 5mins with a smoke.

I'd be happy with them if it was my christening, well done!

Like you'd be old enough to give a s**t ;)

They look a bit soft, like you've got the focus a little out. And you need to think about what aperture you're using and what you want to achieve.

But good composition on some of them.

Heres my feedback.

#1. My favourite of the bunch, a nice informal portrait, would have been good to see a little more hands/phone as its right on the edge of the frame and partially cut off.

#2. Looks like you 'gatecrashed' someone elses photo from a different angle. Its a posed portrait and they aren't looking at you so it doesn't quite work imo. Also crop the far left to remove the half person bokeh.

#3. I like the concept, the blurred family in the background distract rather than add. Maybe if it had been shot a few seconds sooner, there would be more separation between background family and subject.

#4. This take on the 'gatecrash' photo is better but would like more space around the girl with the camera.

#5. On its own a nicely executed if a little uninspiring 'pub photo' but this was a christening.

#6. On its own a nicely executed if a little uninspiring 'garden photo' but this was a christening.

#7. Would have worked better if you'd placed your wineglass outside of the shot but still a little staid on its own.

#8. Nice candid portrait, I would crop out the out of focus staircase.

#9. A generic type shot that could have been taken anywhere, could have got in closer to baby.

#10. This is really nice! maybe a little more dof to get the writing in focus as a record of the day.

#11 Random arm appearing from the left is a little distracting.