ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photoshop request - Brake caliper colours on RB with white 2118's

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Im going to paint my brakes soon as don't like the current rust/dirt.

I have currently go silver rear ones and it looked good when i had the anthracite turinis but now i have white 2118's i feel it doesn't look as good. The white wheels will be staying so i feel that i need something that will stand out behind them.

My options are:

Red
Blue
Anthracite
Silver

These are my options that im contemplating. No yellow, orange, etc. I'd like it photoshopped with those colours before i go out and paint them. Hopefully this side pic will be sufficient for the photoshop.

Many thanks,
Mark.

31380374603_3a2d817722_z.jpg

I had black, silver, yellow and red. Against the white wheels, red always looked the best IMO. I'd have a picture somewhere but would take me forever to find!

Edit: here's mine with red and yellow.

7125560523_5b7a0b2806_o.jpg

7125487215_623020cd1b_o.jpg

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks @Matthew

I kinda like the red tbh. I don't have any yellow on the car so I wouldn't go for that. The red looks good behind the white and against the rear lights. Although red is bold, the 2118s are quite spokey so it would look more sutble than behind turinis i think.

Found this too. This is blue calipers. In fact this particular pic inspired me to get white 2118s.

DSCF0337.jpg

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
How much will you actually see behind the 2118's?

I'd personally just go for a dark colour. Red just look massively out of place to me on a colour like yours. And unless they're Brembos, there isn't much to show off with standard calipers haha.

EDIT: Blue actually works well on the pic you've posted.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
@mintno1 Can you do it to my pic please so I can see what they look like behind 2118s?

If possible.

It'll look the same as that you nelly...

Grey to match your twatstrap, or black to contrast the silver disc.

Anything else will probably look silly. We can do some rolling shots sometime if you fancy.. my 10-20 lens, hanging out the back of the BM. Be reet !

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
If you have a close up image of the wheel could always do that one as well :up:

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member
Honestly mate either blue or (I know you said no) but the renault orange. or just black
The problem is the wheels hide the brakes so much to the point that its not really that noticeable.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I would normally do silver. In fact, ive got silver rears as i felt they was the best colour when I had anthracite turinis, but I just feel that it looks too lost behind the white 2118s. With them being spokey, I feel I can get away with a bolder colour but it won't look too ott as the spokes will make it look more sutble.

Blue is taking my fancy atm like the above pic as it looks quite sutble but still bold.

Here's a pic of RB with white 2118s and silver calipers. If it was anthracite wheels it would work better but I don't think it looks as good with the white 2118s.

5422416816_a96befff3e_z.jpg

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Blue does look good, if I were you I would either be matching to the RB for the calipers or matching to the Speedline Corse logos on the actual wheels. See what you think of this, I had to add a caliper from somewhere else as still difficult to see on the image but this should give you a good idea, any other colours just shout :smile:

31405073733_10fa8afcb3_h.jpg