ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PHP Testing

Golf GTD
I need to test a PHP script I have written.

I have a Windows XP system, can anyone show me some links to where I can test and run my script on my computer.

Im a bit of a novice:S

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Apache on windows wont run php stuff, you need php (with or without apache).. hence my link ;)

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
the_wanderer said:
can php could be run standalone? i thought it had to be attached to a webserver

Yes. I sometimes do it when php is the easiest way to achieve something simple, i.e a simple script.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
As said by sn00p, php can run independantly (in a CLI) of a webserver and is a good cross platform language.

Golf GTD
cheers for responses guys, ill give it a go.

i just cant seem to get the PHP stuff to run, ive installed the windows binaries off PHP.net and when i run my php form (its a booking form for a website) it just displays the PHP code in text format :S

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
if its a booking type form then your gonna need a webserver to display the output properly. You will have to install apache or find a php web host to upload it to.

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
Or you could use IIS already included with XP (oooo controversial ;) ) which actually works fine with PHP.

UR 197, AB 182 FF
Oh my god

did nobody see what I posted?

EasyPHP will install php/apache/mysql all setup and ready to go.

THANKS MIKE :mad:

MikeDX said:
Oh my god

Are you kidding? People only read the last post or two on each thread :rasp:

UR 197, AB 182 FF
Evil Ally said:
Or you could use IIS already included with XP (oooo controversial ;) ) which actually works fine with PHP.

41a.jpg

Golf GTD
MikeDX said:
Oh my god

sorry, i just assumed that it was better not to use an all in one package like you posted.

Ill download yours now :)

KyleB said:
sorry, i just assumed that it was better not to use an all in one package like you posted.

Probably on a live system, that's true.. but for simple testing on a single workstation, it's definetly a good way to go.. purely because it should just work straight away and be fairly easy to install.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Evil Ally said:

No, it really doesnt.. trust me on that one..

No problems here, I ran IIS6/MySQL/PHP for over a year and it worked great! It wasn't just a couple of scripts either, it was my dev box for a large student records system (which now sits on linux/apache :rasp: ).

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
You probably werent exploring the full php capabilities.. sufficed to say there are lots of missing functions when using IIS. Also, for certain scripts I was running IIS just couldnt handle it.. on LAMP the scripts would run up to 100% faster.