ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PI suspension kit

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
I personally wouldn't put Pi springs on my Clio. If I were you, I'd be going for Eibach Sportlines or Cooksport springs.

BMW 1 SERIES
ok, thats why i was asking as i hadn't herd the make before, are they an easy fit if I were to buy said springs?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I personally wouldn't put Pi springs on my Clio. If I were you, I'd be going for Eibach Sportlines or Cooksport springs.

for any particular reason? I've never had a single complaint and I've fitted loads of sets

http://www.pi-suspension.co.uk/pi-s...bomof-20002005-lowers-25mm-70057_p1253686.htm

Has anyone used this kit before? I have been looking at getting it fitted by 519automotive as they have a good deal on fitted at £169.

Just want to hear any reviews on this first though??

thanks

Tom

not a bad kit tbh mate, lower the car nicely and aren't to bad on the road, Sportlines are pointless if you want a drop and that's coming from someone who has a set fitted tbh i'd rather have my standard cup springs back on

BMW 1 SERIES
not a bad kit tbh mate, lower the car nicely and aren't to bad on the road, Sportlines are pointless if you want a drop and that's coming from someone who has a set fitted tbh i'd rather have my standard cup springs back on

ok cheers, induction kit going on tomorrow - if the weather is any good lol !

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
for any particular reason? I've never had a single complaint and I've fitted loads of sets

From what I've heard, Pi aren't the best quality springs on the market. Perhaps I'm wrong though, I've never had Pi springs on any of my Clios.

Like I said, personally I wouldn't fit them to my car.

From what I've heard, Pi aren't the best quality springs on the market. Perhaps I'm wrong though, I've never had Pi springs on any of my Clios.

thing is everyone on here are sheep and will say Sportlines and i thought well they must be good but i don't rate them and same goes for Whiteline Arb the best thing i ever did was remove it and sell it

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean

You may be thinking of Apex.

i'd rather have a w**k with a fist full of sandpaper than fit APEX springs to any car ever!

Last edited:
  DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

So, without being rude, you've given advise based on hearsay, which is probably based on exactly as much experience as you've had on the subject, so founded in nothing.

I've used PI personally for over a decade on many of my own cars

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
thing is everyone on here are sheep and will say Sportlines and i thought well they must be good but i don't rate them and same goes for Whiteline Arb the best thing i ever did was remove it and sell it

Well said :clap: . Cliosport is unbelievable at times . I see it all too often that someone will make a comment on a product , sl4g it off or recommend a product that they actually have no physical knowledge of but yet they're all too willing to give their opinions on . It really does beggar belief at times . There are a hell of alot of people on here who really know their stuff and their opinions are invaluable and well respected . But i wish i had a £ for everytime i've read a thread were people just jump on the band wagon because " they've heard " that such and such a thing is rubbish . I read alot of threads on here , and take on board what people say , people who actually know what they're on about . But it does get my back up when i read a post were someone just jumps in when they know bugger all .

Rant over :approve:

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
So, without being rude, you've given advise based on hearsay, which is probably based on exactly as much experience as you've had on the subject, so founded in nothing.

Exactly ;)

I had Apex springs on my first Clio. They were properly gash. And I've heard that Pi springs were on par with Apex. This may be wrong, maybe they are underestimated springs and don't get enough attention, or have the limelight stolen by springs with a more well known name.

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
lets leave it at "You're wrong" ;)

Hahaha *walks away with tail between legs*

Honestly though, I always thought the Personal Identity springs were at the budget end, more for looks than handling. Most of the reviews, I'd say about 65%, I've seen (not just for Clios) have been negative. But I guess the only way to know if they are good springs or complete pish is to have had experience driving on them.