ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pic of me new pc :~)

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
Finally got it all sorted and everything installed! Vista is going well up to now, hopefully it will continue to! DX10 is fkin ace!!

19012008002.jpg

DSC00580.jpg

Last edited:
  20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
fuk the mac! Half the reason I bought it was for gaming lol :) ta mate!

Last edited:
  Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
looks nice Adam, I've just about got mine stable on 64 Bit Vista, it seems to have been more fussy over my overclocking setup and I've had to do things differently to acheive 3.6Ghz Dual-Core, but its stable now. I've just given Crysis a quick whirl, f00k me, awesome.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
the case is a lian-li PC-60B PLus II. I was going to go for the PC-7B PLus but found this one had better cooling.

I've not tried overclocking yet, but apparently these chips can run stable at 3.6ghz. Its ok as it is though, and I like the fans pretty quiet.

Crysis is on its way at the mo, but COD4 and GTR2 are the only 2 iv got at the min and are amazing to say the least! Have you seen these comparisons from DX9 and DX10?

DX9

picture6en1.png

DX10

xbu0.png

RS 172
Lian Li for the ultimate win! :D Mines in a V2000 with a custom door panel, best case manufacturer by far.

Mito Sportiva 135
the case is a lian-li PC-60B PLus II. I was going to go for the PC-7B PLus but found this one had better cooling.

I've not tried overclocking yet, but apparently these chips can run stable at 3.6ghz. Its ok as it is though, and I like the fans pretty quiet.

Crysis is on its way at the mo, but COD4 and GTR2 are the only 2 iv got at the min and are amazing to say the least! Have you seen these comparisons from DX9 and DX10?

DX9

picture6en1.png

DX10

xbu0.png

The difference in those two shots is quite amazing! The water looks totally real! :eek:

Clio 1.2 16v
WOW FLIGHT SIMULATOR LOOKS AMAZING.

I remember flight sim 98 used to love it, busting around in the learjet

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
what g card yo get mate? looks sweet. although too many icons on your desktop *shakes head*

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
WOW FLIGHT SIMULATOR LOOKS AMAZING.

I remember flight sim 98 used to love it, busting around in the learjet

That brings back memories!!!

Good ol learjet.....Used to spend ages messing with that

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
complete spec is as follows:

Abit IP35 Pro
Quad Core Q6600 2.4ghz (overclockable to 3.6ghz)
4GB Geil 6400 DDR2 800mhz ULL memory
500GB Seatage Sata II
GeForce 8800GTX 756mb
Corsair 560W PSU
Lian Li aluminium case
Samsung 245e 24" monitor
Vista Ultimate 64bit edition
MS Habu Laser mouse
Dell Bluetooth Keyboard

Cost was just around £1200 including everything. I've been working hard lately and defintely due a new pc! Should help out with work no end (as I do just about everythin on the pc)

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
If you've got a good gaming PC like this Crysis is a must buy, I've been playing it a lot over the weekend and its great, it really shows off what your PC is capable of.

Cupra
I've got the same mouse..... it took a while to get used to the new turbo speed but it is better for gaming.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Awesome rig.. just a pitty you installed vista and most of the computer power and memory is sapped trying to run the bloatware.

Monaro VXR
Its not that bad. Disable a few things and you can get vista memory usage down to XP levels. With better managment of multicore CPU's.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Awesome rig.. just a pitty you installed vista and most of the computer power and memory is sapped trying to run the bloatware.

Typical quote from someone who's evidently not spent any time with it.

Vista is easily as quick as XP SP2 on my machine... And the benefits far outweigh the 'downside' of having to re-learn where everything is.

And you'll never guess what, the only instability problem I have is a motherboard fault that I can replicate under XP and under Linux ;)

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member

DX9

picture6en1.png

DX10

xbu0.png

The difference in those two shots is quite amazing! The water looks totally real! :eek:

Too bad FSX looks nothing like either in DX10 :p

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
Vista is actually running very sweet. I tried it on my old box and it did my nut in, but iv not had a single major issue, and it runs smooth as anything and very quick. I am very impressed actually! (and i was anti-vista not so long back)

It does everything I want with no bother at all!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I've had lots of issues with running 4GB and Overclocking under Vista 64Bit, not to mention lack of 64 Bit drivers for mine and the majority of Wireless PCI adapters. Have you received Crysis yet Adam? Be prepared to lose lots of time when you do!

Better than yours. C*nt.
I've had lots of issues with running 4GB and Overclocking under Vista 64Bit, not to mention lack of 64 Bit drivers for mine and the majority of Wireless PCI adapters.

Bad overclocking board etc., and wireless never had a huge following of 64-bit drivers. See other thread though, there's plenty out there. 4Gb memory was a bit of a stupid mistake on Microsoft's part, but there's a fix out there and it'll be in SP1 installs...

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Ground textures for a start look nothing like that photo realistic render (the 2nd one)

Mine looks closer to the first one, but it's still not exact (with an 8800 GTX)

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I've had lots of issues with running 4GB and Overclocking under Vista 64Bit, not to mention lack of 64 Bit drivers for mine and the majority of Wireless PCI adapters.

Bad overclocking board etc., and wireless never had a huge following of 64-bit drivers. See other thread though, there's plenty out there. 4Gb memory was a bit of a stupid mistake on Microsoft's part, but there's a fix out there and it'll be in SP1 installs...

EVGA n680i is designed for overclocking!! (no issues under 32Bit Vista, quite happy) The 4GB issue is a disgrace IMHO.

Revels Mum & Sister
I run Vista and it has been stable with me to be honest. This is running an Overclocked 6750.