ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pic Request: Ktec Coils in lowest Position?

Here's mine when I had just springs and no adjusters on the rear - 195/45/16 tyres

SAM_1786_zps7tntfo5x.jpg

And the front... Excuse the poor picture, only one I can find

It still has half the threads left but you would never be able to use them

SAM_0150_zpsaae12110.jpg

SAM_1859_zpsmfbbghjr.jpg

And this is how it sits currently, the same on the front, but rear adjusters back in at the lowest setting

20151228_161034_zpsanjeeizh-jpg.jpg

20151228_160555_zpsfsdacvmj-jpg.jpg

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Most (if not all) coilovers that fit a Clio can go so low on the front that the arch liner will sit on the tyre before you get to the bottom threads.

For the rears, if you want it low, just fit the spring without the adjuster.

Both brands are made to equal standards I'd imagine. I forget which manufacturer K tec rebranded. May be Raceland.

It's worth noting that the height pictured was after I'd wound the unit down a fair old way as a starting point with loads of threads left, fitted it and then realised it was rediculous and then wound it up a fair way.

Wasn't a bad car. It's likely to be a selection of kitchen appliances now as I stripped it to bits and weighed the shell in a few years ago.