ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pics 18" Mags?

193 mk2
then he should have bought a 1.2 lol, it will look nice but drive sh*t. handling will be awful & it will be alot slower. plz don't

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
I want to put on 18" but I'm scared of the 4x4 look.How much can you drop the car with 18" without doing any modifications so that the wheel don't catch?It's Lenso lightweigth mags and i'm going to do Cams,Forged Conrods + Pistons,Chip,Exhaust System and Nos on my car so performance isn't going to be a problem.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Personally speaking I find the advice given by most CS users/members is generally spot on, but in saying that, if you already have the wheels, put them on, see what it looks like, and if indeed it handles like a pig, take the darn things off and consider something else. At the end of the day it is what you are happy with that counts. (Generally speaking that is).

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
2.0 SPORT 16V said:
Is there no one on the site that have 18" mags on there clio?

I have 16"'s on mine and they look pretty well perfect (in my opinion) and wouldn't want to go any bigger. It is all a matter of preference though.

K20 EG Hatch
Why waste all tha money on engine mods to spoil it with sme huge wheels. :s

And it wont even look good, imo they will look totally out of proportion on a clio and just too big! As for lowering i doubt you will be able to lower on 18's much at all!

with 18s you'll be limited with offsets widths and the PCD, you'll find because most 18" + wheels arent fitted to clios alot of manufacturers wont offer the correct spec. As said it will look over wheeled and will ruin the drive. You will end up having to take arch liners out mod heavily the front bumper brackets and grind back the inner lip on the rear arches and even then it might scrub. Regardless of engine improvements you'll still spoil the handling, IMO if you must put bigger wheels on it should be a set of lightweight 17s at the most.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
2.0 SPORT 16V said:
I want to put on 18" but I'm scared of the 4x4 look.How much can you drop the car with 18" without doing any modifications so that the wheel don't catch?It's Lenso lightweigth mags and i'm going to do Cams,Forged Conrods + Pistons,Chip,Exhaust System and Nos on my car so performance isn't going to be a problem.

So you'd 1st ruin the car...Then spend 3.5k+ on Engine mods....

HERO.....

very nasty some people!

i was considering 18s, posted loads of messages about this and did a search on the net for some pics. I found some on a mexican 172 and it looked rubbish.

So some good advice offered from someone who got 17s instead and still dropped it 40mm with no probs, is it get some 17s. Im sure others will agree who have the same.

And if i were tuning to the extent you are id get some 16" trophy wheels or silmilar and drop it 60mm, will look amazing and will go like the clappers.

Up to you tho bud.

1.6 focus zetec....
The thing is people on this site slate you for having a slow car with mods and tell people to save up for a faster car...this chap has gone for the faster option first and then decided to mod it to his taste...leg-end's... Just go your own way mate...

^^as above you could get 17 with a 45offset and drop it 60mm....

Kiza

80MPG BEEZA
i have lightweight 17's on mine with a 60mm drop it doesnt rub what so ever and it hanldes brill but i'm going for coilovers before xmas but i wouldnt go over 17's it really isnt worth it bad handling/**n-bomb** turning circle/rubbing/tyre prices

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Yes i have 18's on mine but they came on the car so i cant tell you how much slower it made it or how different the handling is. Only thing i find with the handling is when your accelarating round a slight corner the car feels like it wants to fly off the road and feels quite unstable because of the power underneeth it, is this normal or do you think it is the big wheels? someone has suggested a strut brace which could steady the car but it can be quite scary once you get past 100. Is this the car in general, what do you think?

I would agree that the ride height is a bit stupid, its the only thing i dont really like about it, they look lovely apart from being a bit high but its what you have to put up with, the back look the worst i would say but ive got a twin exhaust below the bumper so dosnt look too bad.

No arch mods were needed and they went straight on, they dont rub on normal driving and fine with 3 people in the back too. The only time they do rub is if you hit a big bump or dip in the road they all rub very slightly but nothing to get worried about really. oh and the turning circle is a big stupid too but you get used to it lol.

I would like to lower mine but again i dont know if i will be able to as they probally will rub if i did. The wheels are on 215/35/18 and on a Mk2 172 if that helps.

Oh and lastly they put your speedo out alot, i found out the hard way getting pulled up at 98mph when i was only doing about 85 at the most. The next week i drove down the motorway with my mate and my speedo was reading about 20mph lower than his at high speeds, well annoying but at least i know know!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
kiza1986 said:
The thing is people on this site slate you for having a slow car with mods and tell people to save up for a faster car...this chap has gone for the faster option first and then decided to mod it to his taste...leg-end's... Just go your own way mate...

^^as above you could get 17 with a 45offset and drop it 60mm....

Kiza

Best bit of writing on this thread!!

Dont have driverslicence
ouwe_clio_II_01.JPG

ouwe_clio_II_02.JPG

ouwe_clio_II_03.JPG

anything more than 16's on a 172 is just wrong! 17's can look ok, but personally i'd go for 16s every time!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
mycarpictures019-1.jpg
ive just bought wolfrace kendos in black for my 172 ph2 they are 17" im gonna lower it by 40mm allround will this cause the car to scrape or catch on wheel arches ? thankyou for ya advice

jon 172 said:
ive just bought wolfrace kendos in black for my 172 ph2 they are 17" im gonna lower it by 40mm allround will this cause the car to scrape or catch on wheel arches ? thankyou for ya advice

should be ok on that drop.

Just to point out, asking for advice in someone elses thread (thread hijacking) is normally ignored, but as your new i'll let you off ;)

172 cup
iv gt a 1.2 16V with 17" Asian tec wolfrace. ( ill post pics up when i get them of me bros camera ^^) they do not rub when going over bumps, 3 people in the back or full lock the wheel.. my handling on my clio is great but thats my opinion but as some clio members say if u want perfomance dont get 17"