ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pics from the south of France

Clio 172 cup
Took the Cup to the South of France...the French sure know how to make roads..lots of thrills up the mountain passes
Car didn't miss a beat and received lots of attention from the French.
A few pics taken on the road from St Tropez to Hyres
159-1.jpg

177.jpg

164.jpg

clio cup 172
Nice car! Vrare never seen 1 on the road. Have you got air con? Thats the only thing that would stop me from driving to s.france

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
Looks well :)
What are the French roads like to drive on?

I regularly drive rental cars in the south of France and can safely say the roads are pretty damn good. Even down to the small winding mountain roads that lead to the village where my house is they are regularly maintained. Would love to drive an RS over there, especially on that mountain road :approve:

Clio 172 cup
Hi All..sorry about the delay in responding
We left Dover at 09:00 and arrived at 22:30 that night so was a bit of a mission. Would stay overnight around Paris next time
French Autoroutes were amazing. Averaged 76 MPH at 34.6 MPG.
We took the Turini route of the Monte Carlo Rally as well as the road between Grimaud and Hyers which is just hairpin after hairpin up and down the pass
The car was simply awesome, although I had to treat the roads with respect as there are sheer drops either side of you.
Had Ferrari's and Lambo's in the rear view mirror on a few occasions and round the twisty stuff she gave them a run for their money. One of them flashed his warning lights at me as a mark of respect after one such encounter..he went past me on the straights!
The car has only done 23000, has no air con, no mods and is in showroom condition as I only take her out on special occasions. Had many cars over the years but the Cup is by far the most exciting driving machine I've ever driven
One more pic...got my mug in it though...

170.jpg

Last edited:
  Golf GT TDI
Hi All..sorry about the delay in responding
We left Dover at 09:00 and arrived at 22:30 that night so was a bit of a mission. Would stay overnight around Paris next time
French Autoroutes were amazing. Averaged 76 MPH at 34.6 MPG.
We took the Turini route of the Monte Carlo Rally as well as the road between Grimaud and Hyers which is just hairpin after hairpin up and down the pass
The car was simply awesome, although I had to treat the roads with respect as there are sheer drops either side of you.
Had Ferrari's and Lambo's in the rear view mirror on a few occasions and round the twisty stuff she gave them a run for their money. One of them flashed his warning lights at me as a mark of respect after one such encounter..he went past me on the straights!
The car has only done 23000, has no air con, no mods and is in showroom condition as I only take her out on special occasions. Had many cars over the years but the Cup is by far the most exciting driving machine I've ever driven
One more pic...got my mug in it though...

170.jpg

cracking stuff mate car looks fantstic. iam hopefully going surfing down to barriz in august/september