ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pics of 172/182 on Eibach Pro Springs plz

Nimbus Clio 197
Hi can anybody post up a few pics before and after, as im thinking of these springs on my Cup. Would be most appreciated :)

ST
IIRC the sportlines drop a little lower for around the same price mate.

This is Cli0_172's car on sporlines on 17's.

Cheers, Al.

Last edited:
  Nimbus Clio 197
cheers mate, thats a good start. the back end of mine is already as low as that tho, so it might be a bit too much on standard shocks thats why i was thinking of the Pros.

Nimbus Clio 197
mind you, that does look a bit lower at the front than the back, which might compensate....

ST
It's pretty good on the standard shocks actually, i've driven it on some good back roads and it went pretty well IMO, at that point when i drove it i was used to the gas Apex kit i had on my dynamique n that was pretty solid, i've now got a cup'd 182 and it feels about the same.

The Eibachs are actually designed to work with standard shocks IIRC.
They won't give as much of a drop like the Apex springs do, though it'll still tighten up the handling and give the car a lower stance.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine
Yar they're Pro's. The handling is spot on. However I've seen how low your car is at the back, I reckon you will need to go lower to even it out. maybe go for the Eibach Sport springs on the front instead?

Nimbus Clio 197
yep, that was a thought i just had when i was having a dump a few mins ago.......

SO....Pros at the back and Sportlines at the front? or maybe just sportlines all round? i really dont know

Cam

182 Cup
^^^ im getting sportlines next weekend so ill post pics as soon as they are fitted.

Nimbus Clio 197
nice one Firey, thanks. I'm a bit stuck, coz my car is relatively low at the back, but a fair bit higher at the front. wanted to even it up a bit, but i wouldnt want to mess up the handling if i mix and match the springs......

Nimbus Clio 197
think its the bit of added weight with the lpg tank at the back.....either way, i would like it sorted!

if i was you, i'd go sportlines all round, should even it up. I wouldnt mix and match as the sportlines and pro's do handle differently.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
mine on Pro's :

16"s :

R20GRC_16s.gif

17"s :

R20GRC_17s.gif

:)

Nimbus Clio 197
-Make- said:
Pro's and Sportlines have same springs on rear.

i didnt know that, that helps, cheers mate :) think it'll be sportlines that i opt for. hope they are ok with OE shocks....

M140i/Orange 182
Mike_SE said:
i didnt know that, that helps, cheers mate :) think it'll be sportlines that i opt for. hope they are ok with OE shocks....

i am going to go with sportlines on my 182, just thinking about how long my shocks will last...

the pros looks good by the looks of it...apparantly the sportlines go a bit lower?how much?

M140i/Orange 182
182WRC said:
Pro are 25-30mm front and back

Sportline are 45-50mm front and 25-30mm back

how comes the sportline arnt the same all round? would the car look uneven...higher at the back, lower at the front.

or is that a stupid qustion? (iam still learning) :)

No more clio's for me!
Mines on apex -40mm, i know not asked for, but just as a comparison.

8c6658a3.jpg

Don't know what happened to the bottom of the pic...freekin photobucket!! lol:cool:

No more clio's for me!
Ted182 said:
how comes the sportline arnt the same all round? would the car look uneven...higher at the back, lower at the front.

or is that a stupid qustion? (iam still learning) :)

Ted, if you look at mine, on the -40mm all round the car is a slightly lower at the back than at the front, just the way it sits i surpose?? If i have my way i'd prefer it to be 5-10mm higher at the back. Nice set of springs for 90 quid!!

M140i/Orange 182
danny, good pic..have been looking at the apex as well as i think there drop is a bit more genuwine. whats the ride like with them on? is it very harsh? this is wots swaying me towards eibach at the mo. although the apex are cheaper as well.

No more clio's for me!
The ride is good tbh, it was a little harsh to start with, but they've settled now and i'm used to it.

you do notice the bumps a little more, and ruts and pots are very unforgiving.

All in all, they are great for the cash, the car looks so much more aggressive :)

M140i/Orange 182
dannyboy172 said:
The ride is good tbh, it was a little harsh to start with, but they've settled now and i'm used to it.

you do notice the bumps a little more, and ruts and pots are very unforgiving.

All in all, they are great for the cash, the car looks so much more aggressive :)

thanks Danny, few more rattles then?!?! i take it you dont have any problems with rubbing and speed bumbs maybe?

No more clio's for me!
No probs at all mate with the arch.

On speed bumps the belly of the drip tray scrapes on the top of the ones that sit in the middle of the road - you know the ones you can get the tyres either side of. On the standard bumps now probs at all. Remember tho that when fitted the base of the bumper sits below the height of the kurb!

Oh yeah, a little more rattles than usual, but thats only if your listening for them ;)

M140i/Orange 182
haha yea ill remember that one!! might have to go the "que"way to work if i get them as the bumps you are talking about are a shortcut for me! doh!

thanks for the info!

Weeman sucks ****
Some seem to lower (or not) more on certain cars. I know for a fact the Eibach pro's on my cup raise the car. The Apex only lowered it a little bit aswell. But on a 182, the apex drop quite a bit.

Odd friday cars lol.

Weeman sucks ****
I'm helping fit a set onto my mates Inferno 182 cup on saturday so sure there will be pics to post up of it next to a proper cup;)

M140i/Orange 182
o yea i remember you saying mate, get some pics up iam curious to see how it looks....having a dig at 182 cups are we??? ;) although mine is full phat..

is you mate a member on here?