ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pics of one of our demos!

with that engine spec i am looking at at least 200

the engine/turbo/ic etc are identical to a car that run 271 on BBs rollers last year! and that run lo to mid 13s.

the other demo has an even better T3 roller bearing, so 250 at least for that one!

18 months at up to 16psi, lost two races (one was a gtir!), never let me down once! used as a daily driver too!

not a hitch, felt the need for more grunt, hence front mount, big turbo, water injection, rebuild,new bottom end etc etc!

Mr2 Roadster

Sounds good to me, just hear too many stories of people over modding a daily driver and then not maintaining it as you need to, only to hear them winge about the reliability... !

Reliability is a big thing.. I want a GTT coversion, but two things put me off.

Reliability - and having to use a Choke! hehe.

I am still undicided about this conversion. Im sure when i actually get my ass in gear and take a trip to TT then maybe i will change my mind after seeing there 1.

kev, pop up , ill take ya for a spin, that will defo make up your mindd for you lol!

daz, you get used to the choke idea, you only really need it on very cold mornings, and they are realiable! not to mention the flames you can have!

Well, Id need it to be reliable.. but Id be going from a 50k engine with full electronic ignition etc.. to a possible 100k engine carb.. dont make sense, sure it does when I plant the throttle tho... :D

Seriously thinking about it tho..

Well, if I was to do it, Id probably look out for a 5 which has been tuned and recently rebuilt.. heh.. save a lot of money Id guess..

Your middle dials do look impressive tho. I was thinking about getting the 16v ones, but they wouldnt work on my engine.. but what youve done looks proper smart.

thanks, we are in braintree, essex. if you want to look around best thing would be to call, 07949 200705 after 7 is best when i have time to chat :)

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

boooooooo im up north. bit of a trek just to see it. Maybe if you lent it me for the week i would come ;)

looking for a ballpark figure of just how much you would charge to drop it in along with driveshafts etc, would a RT gearbox be ok for a conversion to a GTT how many clios do you carry out the conversion to??

yup we do a club deal, sounds like a sandwhich!

basically you guys get 750 off our normal price plus parts used in the conversion are charged out at cost.

eg, if you find a GOOD donor for 500,, you will have a turbo clio for 1500!

there are loads of options etc so its best to pop down for a chat and a cuppa, or even a club deal lol!

Bit of a Trek for me...

On the donor thing, how likely is it to get a good donor for £500? Seems pretty cheap.. Ive seen R5s, tuned ones and rebuilt for about £1200.. Rebuilt ones for less than £1000 seem rare around here.

we are now into double figures, generally we prefer to use the turbo box, as it is stronger than the 1.4 RT box. you can use the RT with standard power, but i wouldnt like to push one too hard!

we did find a bargain five for 850, with gp a head gasket and t25, body was shot and failed mot! they are out there if you look hard enough!

we have just picked up another doner for 225, but that is having a full rebuild so condition is not too important there, best thing is to buy the donor you can! saves dollar in the long run!

are you suggestin a meet at our place?

we are looking to have an open in the summer, Bar b q, footie then off to sarfend! what do think sound good?

whats the 16v running package about then?? sorry im just so fed up with my 1.4 and very desperate to keep my car if i can but make it alot faster!

I have a clio GTT (running nos now to!!) and want to get a fmic in there. DO you have any after market bumpers that are subtle but with enough room to fir an IC? Or and IC that i could get ehind the standard bumper?

I have a phase 1 RT its a 2.5l cooler in there at the moment, but it dont look to hot and isnt in very good place.

Cheers

Quote: Originally posted by torsiontuning on 06 May 2003

are you suggestin a meet at our place?

we are looking to have an open in the summer, Bar b q, footie then off to sarfend! what do think sound good?

Whats the dates then?