ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pics of Valver clutch cable route....

Looking for a ph-quick...
Im convinced mine isnt right so any pics will be greatly appreciated!

cheers
Amir

MK1 Clio 16v
I can show you my engine bay if it helps? But i don't know where the clutch cable is lol!

Gimp lol! i seem to have rectified the stiff clutch issue, some WD40 on the pedal ratchet done the trick! Still crunching into 1st and 3rd though

Cheers Kieran!
Amir

It goes round the gearbox down the back of the engine bay between the firwall and engine block.
So longas it not to hot it would be fine.

Renault Clio 1.8 16V
Hi my clutch is really heavy too...it was heavy b4 the cable snapped an now the new one is its REALLY heavy. I was told u get the route the cable should go wen u buy the cable from renault but thats a big no no so does anyone have a diagram or anything that could help me? I got a new pedal also.

Cheers, Maz

Right, i will try and organise some photos of where the cable goes, like said i lubed the pedal rachet up seemed alot smoother, although they are generally stiff anyway. where in the country are you?

clio 1.8 16v m reg
i spent 5.5hrs changing my clutch on my valver because it was heavy put the new one in its the foookin same then a smart ass mechanic at work turns round and says i need a genuine cable because all non gen make them heavy and slip:mad:

V

valver pete

Genuine cable is a must as the other types make it REALLY heavy and will either snap or collapse the ratchet on the pedal. Its a tricky route, especially at the pedal end so id advise saving time and skin off ur hands and get a renault dealer to do it in half an hour or so, with a box oil change. Ended up going the new clutch route once mine didnt like going into reverse, have had no probs since.