ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pictures: Nottingham.

Fiat Panda 100hp
Just looking for some thoughts/criticism?

Story.. http://69dots.com/archives/855

2847059352_46bfc18eec.png

2846229427_0b30096340.png

2846232629_08b8c24862.png

2847062286_f24c9517e3.png

2846222073_e97dcce5b5.png

2846220181_f1deba2bc7.png

2847051786_5cba5f6f71.png

Hard to fault them really, great shots. I'm a sucker for out of focus night lights, so the crossing picture is by far my favourite.

Panning shot is brilliant too. Could be worth trying some rear curtain sync for something like that as well, I think I prefer it as a straight panning shot as you've done it, but a bit of flash at the end could look cool.

If I was to be really picky, the interesting scaffolding/sky shot isn't level, I think you either need a definite slant, or a straight horizon, but that one is just off centre.

Ian

Focus TDCi
The scaffolding shot is actually my favourite. Yes it's not straight but other than that the colours and tones in put it above the others.

I like the slow exposures of the cars passing, especially the crossing one, but sometimes I feel that without the light trails the photos would be a bit lacking, but that's just personal preference. All good shots pal!

Fiat Panda 100hp
Thanks guys.

I don't dare flash at the end when taking a panning shot like the taxi, was using the 10-20 at the time, so already had to be right on the curb to take it, the flash might make some people stop and give me what for. Would do it on dual carriage ways mind... where they can't stop hehe.

The one that isnt level is a pure luck shot, placed the camera above me on some pipes, couldn't see what was in the viewfinder.

I like the wait, just don't like the flare from one of the cars headlights.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Was talking slight rubbish last night, I meant the car/bus crossing the bridge i.e. the second photo, as far as I can see the pedestrian crossing is taken with a short exposure? Seems you found ukaskew's soft spot anyway!

Credit still due for the scaffolding shot, even pure luck shots usually need an artistic eye!

I know what you mean about using flash on cars too. I would love to test out some panning techniques, but don't want to point my camera at random passing cars!

Oh and using a fiver as a coaster.. that's just the ultimate in extravagance :)

Fiat Panda 100hp
Was talking slight rubbish last night, I meant the car/bus crossing the bridge i.e. the second photo, as far as I can see the pedestrian crossing is taken with a short exposure? Seems you found ukaskew's soft spot anyway!

Credit still due for the scaffolding shot, even pure luck shots usually need an artistic eye!

I know what you mean about using flash on cars too. I would love to test out some panning techniques, but don't want to point my camera at random passing cars!

Oh and using a fiver as a coaster.. that's just the ultimate in extravagance :)

Wondered how long it would be before someone spotted than lol.

Ah, Trent Bridge.. can just see the lights on the Cricket!

Edit: Just seen you comment on the cricket in the blog, haha ;)