ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pioneer HU fitting

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Ok I think Ive decided on the Pioneer DEH-7400MP HU for my 172.

Just a few questions. Will I need to get a wiring harness to fit the HU or is it ISO standard and will just plug straight into the car?

Thanks

straight swap, i was told when i bought mine id need an aerial adapter...which i actually got for free in the end...however turned out i didnt need it:)

you wont regret your choice mate, lovely looking head unit.

bit of a delay when skipping between mp3 tracks, but not that bad

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

How much of a delay? Is there no way to get rid of the delay as i like listening to dance and with the tracks merging it would sound really odd with the slight delay

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Tom, I got a mk1 just dont like the slanted bits...maybe if i saw one irl I might change my view. Will look this w/e

ClioJohn, 4 seconds is a long (and I mean LONG) time to wait between songs. Ill pop down to Hi-Fi Corp on the w/e and see if they have any I can get a demo on.

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Nope I kinda realised it would only happen with MP3 discs.

I was maybe expecting a slight click or even a 0.2 seconds delay between songs, but 4 seconds...wow.

I had planned on loading my entire collection onto one or two discs and only have that in the car.

i have the alpine 7893 in mine, looks superb sounds even better

IMO pioneer have veered off from the traditional sound quality they used to have and gone further into the cosmetic side of things with the OEL displays thus making the SQ suffer (not by much though)

dont agree with you pioneer still produces lovely sound quality. however its your money and spend it how you choose.

However my mate does have the a ALPINE-CDA7893R good stereo likes.

im not saying that the pioneer has a crap SQ, theyre just not as crisp anymore

all you need to do is look at different HUs for examples

Nakamichi

Supreme SQ - no toys

Alpine

Great SQ - Few toys

Pioneer

Good SQ - Many toys

Sony

Average SQ - Loads of toys

JVC

Awful SQ - only has toys