ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PIPERX VIPER

ok i have seen on these post that a few ,people have these, i had one on my BMW mini and it was great,

can any one tell me about power? and fuelling? also noise?

mine is on order now anyway at a wicked price.

Tom

Renault Laguna Coupe

Have a look at the thread I now have 180bhp in the main forum - its all explained in there. Basically it works great but you need to budget for a custom ecu map as well. We are supposed to be getting a good club discount from PerformanceFX on the Viper. There are places where you can get 10% off already so I suppose theyll have to do better than that.

Cuptastic - where did you order yours from?

black-cat - There are some pics somewhere on this site of the route for the hose through to the lower grille.

Skoda Fabia vRS

there good as has been proven before, but you need to get your car chipped or the fuelling can become dangerously lean top end

ICE'dberg MK2 172

If you are fitting a Viper be prepared to chip/remap. Fueling is a major problem when fitting one of these babies. Rule of thumb says fueling @WOT it will be lean. Even Hillpowers IK (ram air) gave lean fueling which is why Nick has had to modify the ECU to compensate.

There are exceptions to every thing and mine is the one in question....it appears mine was lean fueling @mid point and massively overfueling @WOT..23mpg!!! potentially an explosive combination and damaging.

Mine with Viper and K-tec it produced 158bhp.....after remap 180BHP. Roamer was lucky his managed 173 before and after remap 184. So all arent the same.

London Superchips in Uxbridge do a great job. Or Ive just managed to get 15% cliosport discount at Superchips HQ in Buckingham.

YOU WILL NEED TO REMAP!!!!!

Good luck

WOW!!

who put my piccies up...cheers dude!!!

and yes, its a nice little box.......

seems 180-184bhp is the norm with all the bolt on kit....bout as far as you can go really... without touching anythign that will reap real power gains.

hmmmm i was kinda hoping not to remap just yet is it really going to hurt my cup?

my 1.6 mini did just as well on fuel with viper on?

i dont know what plans for cold air feed?

i may be able to get a good discount on vipers if u tell me how many u want?

Tom

Nice one chris172 ! How much do you reckon that would work out at then to have ecu remapped on 172 with 15% discount?

ICE'dberg MK2 172

Simon:

Their standard chip/remap file is £200, fitting is £50 then +VAT

Then if you want them to try to modify the file, say to increase the rev or eek abit more power then every extra file is £45+VAT

If you want it rollered then its £50 a go, so before and after its £100.

Then when youve finished minus 15%....sorted.

You have to go to their HQ in Buckingham though. Their standard file should be OK as when I got their my before was 158bhp and the standard one went to 178bhp!!! so I definately had a fueling problem. for an extra £45 i dont think the 2bhp would be worth it. So just for a standard remap at Superchips and no runs would be £249.68

I went to London Superchips because they couldnt do it for a couple of weeks and as I knew I had a major problem with the fuel gauge diving quicker that a holed russian sub I needed it doing ASAP! and they charged £352.50 for 2 files and 3 runs.