ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PistonHeads Silverstone Sunday Service 06/03

BG182 + M3
I'll be going down in either the Clio or my M3 but only to spectate as I dont think i'll have my Clio ready in time for track :(

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
I find it an expensive way to do track time.

That being said, it's a pretty decent way to spend a morning. I'll be there if my daughter doesn't turn up.

Clio Sport 182
can i have your advice please?
what tyre pressure should i put in? my tyres are the pirelli pzero

mk1 Octavia VRS
can i have your advice please?
what tyre pressure should i put in? my tyres are the pirelli pzero
Tyre pressures will go up when on track so you usually start them a bit lower than the normal road pressures. You don't want to run the pressures too low otherwise you'll kill the outside edge of the tyres and the steering will feel awful, if you run them too high the worst that will happen is you won't have as much grip. When the tyres are cold I'd probably start with 30psi on the front and 28/29psi on the rear. There should be some threads in the trackdays or tyres section with more advice. Is it your first time driving your own car on track?

Clio Sport 182
Tyre pressures will go up when on track so you usually start them a bit lower than the normal road pressures. You don't want to run the pressures too low otherwise you'll kill the outside edge of the tyres and the steering will feel awful, if you run them too high the worst that will happen is you won't have as much grip. When the tyres are cold I'd probably start with 30psi on the front and 28/29psi on the rear. There should be some threads in the trackdays or tyres section with more advice. Is it your first time driving your own car on track?

I have done few track days in the past. The problem is that is just one session of 30 minutes. is not like the normal track days that you are coming out check your tyres and then you going in again.

I'll be running 30 in the front 28 in the rear. I left them the same as on the road (33/30) last time and they went off pretty quickly, although they are terrible tyres...

mk1 Octavia VRS
I didn't turn up till a bit later but got out on track on the 11:55 session. Saw your cars (I think!) parked up when I arrived but guessing you were on the pit wall or in the briefing.

Track had dried up a bit by the time I got out but was still quite slippery. I overtook a 911, S2000 and Audi S4 :stig:
My £20 Pagid front pads also held up pretty well!

mk1 Octavia VRS
Looks like you had fun there! How is your camera mounted?

When you go through Maggots and onto the Wellington straight it looks like you're keeping a really tight line and treating it as 2 corners. Should be quicker if you treat it as one corner, get on the power earlier and let the car run right over to the left of the track as you unwind the steering. Also looks like you steer beyond the limit of grip quite a bit which is not ideal.