ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pixelmator

Morning all,

I'm pretty much ready to take the plunge now into a MacBook of some sort, but I want to have a decent Image Editting software with it. I'm currently using Photoshop on my laptop which does me fine. I'm not wanting to pay hundreds for Phtoshop though.

Went into Apple this week and had a good play with Aperture, but TBH I didn't think it was very good. It seems its more of a basic edit/organising program? Anyways, has anyone used Pixelmator? How does it differ from Photoshop?

TIA

Ford Focus ST2
I have not used Pixelmator but i got have Photoshop elements for mac and fine this is very good.

I am not a big photoshop user but elements is very powerful too. Maybe worth trying the free demo?

Oil Burner
Try Lightroom 3.

You wont find processing software capable of editing to the levels of photoshop, thats not their intended use.

If you want to quickly adjust contrast, hue, saturation, noise control/sharpening, exposure, cropping, adding and editing metadata etc.. then Lightroom and Aperture will allow you to do so much faster than photoshop.

Ok thanks. I'll maybe try Lightroom, or Elements.

Aperture just didn't seem to have half the things I normally use

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Aperture and Lightroom are equivalents, aperture and photoshop are not comparable.

Pixelmator is a really decent piece of software.