ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Placement work - Land Rover - 3D model content

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Hey as some of you know i did a placement doing Alias modelling for Land Rover over the summer.

Whilst there i did a project with Sam Holgate (another student on my course) Once we finshed the placement, Sam had to present our idea/design to the heads at Land Rover design.

The placement was really good and it really helped me and my modelling ability. I am now sure that i want to be a Alias modeller once i graduate.

Some images.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBX2JO0t0JE

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EBX2JO0t0JE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EBX2JO0t0JE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

4103063149_1679ff71c3_b.jpg

4103824684_1e24a4ffbd_b.jpg

4103823778_2319f7d7d9_b.jpg

4103065687_a7b730b336_b.jpg

4103823076_4b89c659e3_b.jpg

www.adrianbarron.co.uk

/Adrian

Pretty good that, I would love the thought of being involved in the design of a car that went into production. Seeing something you were involved in on the road daily would be quite a nice job satisfaction (although not a fan of the design in your videos :p )

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
The design has very little to do with me, the design work was all done by Sam. Its based around the bjork Robot idea

275427-bjork-robot.jpg

And the idea of having a vehicle that grows with you. Ect.

I just make the model and make sure everything is correct, Land Rover design liked the design so :D

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Looks great that, Adrian. Was the remit that the model had to be modular for different roles? Or was it more of a case of you two guys saying "it can look like this, or this, or even this?"

I can imagine how some designers would get obsessed by some of their designs!

D.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Looks great that, Adrian. Was the remit that the model had to be modular for different roles? Or was it more of a case of you two guys saying "it can look like this, or this, or even this?"

I can imagine how some designers would get obsessed by some of their designs!

D.

The main idea was to have a central cage, this you kept for life. All the under mesh/structure was able to be grown/manipulated. Then the panels were all recycleable and able to be replaced for different functins or when they had seen better days ect.

So same designed it how he wanted it to look but also gave a idea of what it could become.

It was very conceptual, but with us being students they just wanted to see how we thought things could be moved forward.

My current project is alot more simple .... Its a bike :p

For my Major im doing a track car :approve:

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I can see your inspiration from say, the defender. Were you can have lots of variants from keeping the basic chassis, in this case the "core" and bolting bits to it.

Very nice work :)

Ibiza FR
I done my work experience at Land Rover, in the cubing and surfacing department, saw all the full size clay models being built from these sort of designs, amazing experience ;)

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
I done my work experience at Land Rover, in the cubing and surfacing department, saw all the full size clay models being built from these sort of designs, amazing experience ;)

Was a great thing to do working in a design studio on cars you will see on the road in a few years was awesome.

Some of the things you get to see are very impressive but have to keep Shhhhh about them.

Any how whilst here, a CS exclusive. my next model

Downhill team bike, for 2x2worldwide who license the land rover name for bikes. this is my minor project.

4109470413_b9409842a1_b.jpg

/Adrian