ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Plasma Pixel Failure

Ad

MK2 FRS
I've a dead Pixel on my Panny Plasma. I read various conflicting stories about their warranty policy on this. Does any have any knowledge on this?

It is less than 6months old, so a little disappointed. I thought Panasonic were pretty bullet proof. I understand you can only repair a dead pixel with a full panel replacement?

Oil Burner
Get in contact with your retailer. There are different standard for TV sets to PC monitors. It is considered acceptable to have sometimes up to 7 stick pixels on pc monitors, however i had an LG TV screen replaced for a combination of a stuck pixel and uneven backlight (LCD).

Last edited:

Ad

MK2 FRS
Cheers, it was purchased from Currys, so will give them a call tomorrow. The pixel is black, so not hugely noticeable, is virtually central and 3/4 from the base o the screen.

Oil Burner
See what they have to say, they will probably just book an engineer to visit you as the set is over 37". Wouldn't hold your breath though. Its not that bad really, my iMac has a stuck pixel which bugged me like hell at first but i honestly don't notice it now.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Could be worth running this on it in case it's just a stuck pixel rather than dead!

Warning, don't play this if you suffer from epilepsy lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
One idea, take out the 'Whatever Happens' plan from Currys / Tech Guys. You can take it out up to 12 months after buying the TV. Costs about £7pm.

This will be covered, and works on a PAYG basis.

I've used them on 2 TVs, and ended up with a brand new set once, and a credit note the 2nd time.

Try Panasonic and Currys first, then if that fails get the extra cover.

Mazda 3 MPS
I work for PC World (same as currys) afaik they only replace them (even with the extended warranty) if there is a cluster of like 5 or more.

I work for PC World (same as currys) afaik they only replace them (even with the extended warranty) if there is a cluster of like 5 or more.

I had one replaced, with only 1 dead pixel from Dixons (same as Currys/PC World).

A4 Avant
My Panasonic Plasma had a massive screen failure after 2 years. Panasonic replaced the entire internals and just charged me £50 as an excess when the original repair bill was for £900. All 3 Panasonic Plasmas I've had have been excellent.

Clio 182 cup'd
My Panasonic Plasma had a massive screen failure after 2 years. Panasonic replaced the entire internals and just charged me £50 as an excess when the original repair bill was for £900. All 3 Panasonic Plasmas I've had have been excellent.

Excellent apart from the one that the screen failed on?

A4 Avant
Well obviously yeah, but the picture is amazing and they turned it around in less than 2 weeks which for me is excellent customer service when you consider how far out of warranty it was.