ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Plastic underneath the front of the car fallen off

Dynamique 1.2 16V '05
Hi

I really don't know what to describe it as, just a large piece of black plastic fallen from the front of the car, it's attached (I think properly) on one side, and on the other fallen off... what is this? I don't remember bumping the front or anything! How do I fix it to its original position? Sorry for vague descriptions, there really isn't much I can say about this.. and I don't really know what I'm doing with the car further that driving it :rolleyes:

Any help with this (small?) problem appreciated :)

Thanks!

Dynamique 1.2 16V '05
Ok the first screenshot below is the thing that I originally had problems with, not great pictures sorry! It seemed to just click back into place though and be normal again..

At that point I noticed a piece of plastic actually snapped above it, the second two images show a) the piece sort of held up into what I think's close to the correct position. b) the piece as normal, snapped off and hanging

Thanks!

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    199.5 KB · Views: 101
  • 2-1.png
    2-1.png
    104.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 2-2.png
    2-2.png
    106.6 KB · Views: 84
  Mondeo TXS Bardge.
looks like you could have caught it on a speed hump or kerb, it should clip back on form the looks of it.

Yes just clips in. To remove it there are a couple of screws towards the back of it. Unscrew and remove it then put the whole lot back on as one, makes it easier. Hardest part is getting the upper bit near the grill to sit right. Think mine had broke so i just bodged it.

Dynamique 1.2 16V '05
Even the part in the second two images (behind the grill sort of thing) can just clip back into place? I'll go and look again but I'm sure that bit was snapped somewhere :S

Like I said the only bit I couldn't get right was that bit behind the grill but I managed to jam it in so it looked ok

Dynamique 1.2 16V '05
Ah ok then, thanks everyone!

So it's nothing too important then, just sort of stick it into place so it looks alright? :)

Cliosport182cup/volvoS80
It just stop's, crap from the road, getting into those areas of the cars underside.
Unless you get it replaced, it will keep popping out, like a bad case of hemorrhoids.
My local dealer , just cut it off..

Dynamique 1.2 16V '05
I reckon I'll just wack some self tapping screws in then like pinky said, just keep it in place. Thanks for the tip pinky, thanks everybody else for your feedback :D