ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PLAYERS CLASSIC '13 - GoodWood Motor Circuit

Disastra Coupe
LOL. There's more than just Turinis TBF. If you think Turinis are the only suitable wheels for a Clio then it's you being narrow sighted, sir.

Turinis are a popular choice, and for good reason too. They look nice, and they suit the car.

People also throw on 2118s, TD Pro Races, OZ F1s, Super/Ultraleggras, Speedline Williams wheels, and I've seen a few on BBS's and Compomotives amongst other wheels.

People don't put Bentley wheels or deep dished basket weaves on Clios because it looks crap.

But some people do what they want and put whatever wheels on they want.

The majority keep their Clios OEM+, which IMO isn't a bad thing.

Renaultsport Clios were never designed to be slammed on air ride over a set of Bentley wheels. Defeats the purpose of it being a Renaultsport.

​I think you missed my point, by miiiiiles.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I think it's the fact that Clio's look sh*t with a lot of styling mods,
especially 1*2s they just don't suit them, I mean lets face it, they're not the best looking cars to begin with.

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
​I think you missed my point, by miiiiiles.

Your point was that people on CS are sheep and mod there cars in the same style, all conforming to one sheep style?

Isn't that what all this Euro/Dub stuff is anyways? It's all one style... slam it, put some wide wheels and stretched tyres on it.

yep! 50mm lens on a 600d & some were taken on my go pro!

heres a little video some of you on here might like!

Last edited by a moderator:
  Disastra Coupe
Your point was that people on CS are sheep and mod there cars in the same style, all conforming to one sheep style?

Isn't that what all this Euro/Dub stuff is anyways? It's all one style... slam it, put some wide wheels and stretched tyres on it.

My point was that this is a show for show cars. If i went to CS Saturday/FCS i'd literally get so bored of the cars, the french scene doesn't really have a show scene at all. Whilst you could say the Dub scene is a little repetitive the quality of the work is extremely high on most of the cars and it's far more involving work (granted, some just pay for it) than anything the CS forum produces.

Okay, it might not be to your taste but to call them s**t is a little harsh. There's some serious work and thought goes into these cars.
Like i said, i'd never own anything like them but i do quite often go to Dub shows just for the fact i can appreciate a large proportion of what's on show.

PS, don't judge me because of what i drive. I f**king hate the thing lol.

Not a fan of Jay's MKI, the stupid camber and ridiculous tyres have ruined the car. And Carl's pink avant was on track seen a fair few pics of it on FB.

Isn't it weird that you know the names of two random people and don't like their cars? What is wrong with pink?

7961194908_f19d869af9_z.png

yep! 50mm lens on a 600d & some were taken on my go pro!

heres a little video some of you on here might like!

That isn't the fastest way around the track and their tyres won't last long like that, maybe they should get some traction control.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio 172
Isn't it weird that you know the names of two random people and don't like their cars? What is wrong with pink?

I know Jay well enough to say hello to and I have acknowledged Carl before. Up until three years ago I had a MKII Golf that I have been to shows in all over the place. I have pictures of Jays MKII with the gold plated engine bay from edition 38 about 7 years ago. I have no issue with the Audi, I don't like the 'stance' on the MKI and with whats under the bonnet I would have had it cambered at the rear but no as much and with way less stretch. What's funny is you posting in this thread when you have obviously seen it on Facebook and then trying to pick on me for having an opinion. not everyone likes the same thing why would we. Carl builds his cars to get a reaction and he does and jay builds his cars for himself not for me or others. THB if you had a car with a 12 inch dildo on your drivers seat as that floats your boat then good for you but I may happen to disagree with your choices but that doesn't mean I'm a 'hater' to coin a phrase. I had owned a VW for the last 16 years up until last year and have alot of appreciation for the VW/Audi scene. however I am not a person who will agree with the masses if I don't like something I'll say, doesn't mean I'm right and as others have said really 'who gives a f**k'?

Clio 172
I wasn't picking on anyone and you've missed my point but not to worry.

Plus I've been here since 2004, just thought I would post.

You didn't make a point. Same as on facebook you didn't make a point. I commented on facebook that people referring to people that dislike Jay and Carl's cars as Haters and then saying Clios and all French cats are s**t are themselves haters. You tried to argue that Renaults are unreliable which was am irrelevant point anyway. Someone can't slate someone else for disliking someone elses car (hating to use a stupid word) and then turn round and say all Renaults/Clios/French cars are s**t.

You also insinuated that I didn't know Jay or Carl on here and I do. So basically all your points so far are moot. Thanks for posting maybe come back in another nine years with something more relevant to say.