ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PLEASE HELP!!! URGENT!! ELECTRONIC PROBLEM ON STARTUP!!!

182,golf vr6,206gti
I have a clio 172 and I drove home from work as normal with no problems. I then went to pop to the shop but on starting up the car it immediately revved up to 3000rpm and sits idling at 3000rpm with the electronic warning light (squiggly heart monitor looking light). PLEASE NOTE ITS REVVING UP TO 3000RPM ITS NOT THE CAR STOPPING ME REVVING OVER 3000RPM AS IN LIMP MODE. really haven't got a clue what it is. ive tried turning off and turning back on etc but it still does it.please any ideas??

182,golf vr6,206gti
its a phase 2, this morning I started it up again and doing same thing. then I went for a cuppa came back and now its doing something different! on startup it now revs up to 300rpm but no electrical fault light but now engine management light on. I can now rev the car up above 3000rpm unlike before but it doesn't drop under 3000rpm