ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Please Help Valver poorley...!!!!

Hi there, my Clio 16v seems to have developed a juddering problem once warmed up i thought it may have needed new plugs so 've replaced them all with new leads etc but yet it still judders.... thinking maybe it could be distributor cap??? has any one had a similar problem as im trying to sell her at the moment but obviosuly not going to get a great deal for it with the problem.... please email me at paulsaunders6841@aol.com

my car is listed here...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4591659396&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1

Skoda Fabia vRS
only when hot you say ?

if so, ive had that problem, and it was because one of the threads on the distributor where the dizzi cap screws in, had gone, meaning the dizzi cap was not properly tight, and once the engine warmed up this caused it to expand and move the dizzi cap slightly and cause misfires, to look at the cap you couldnt tell, but once hot it wouldnt run properly

i bought a new distributor from Renault for £60 and it came with the cap and rotor arm aswell, both of very high quality, fitted that and its been fine since

so.......is your dizzi cap fitted properly and on tight ?

Skoda Fabia vRS
also, whilst your lookin at the dizzi cap, take the rotor arm off and make sure the bit its slid onto is free from rust etc, clean it up with some sand paper

Skoda Fabia vRS
^^^

if you find out what caused it post up, always good to know about problems and possible solutions