ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Please Help

Clio Sport 182 cup
Yesterday i bought a clio sport 172 on a 51 plate, actualy love the car but when ever i accelerate it wants 2 pull right, not sure if this is because trackin is out but guy said trackin had been done, & also told me it was torque steer can any1 tell me what they think is going on please ?

Is it a gentle pull? If so its probally tourque steer. 2 litre Clios are known for this. However, if it snatches away from you there's prob something not right! Does if also pull under braking?

Clio Sport 182 cup
wouldnt say it pulls hard but it does want 2 go right when i accelerate braking stops ok in straight line.

point car in a straight line then pull off as normal .........if it pulls 2 the right then its most likely ur tracking .:S

Clio Sport 182 cup
Thanks mate will take it on tuesday 2 get tracking done c if it goes away & i did say on first post the place i bought it said trackin had been done & was wonderin if any1 had this problem out with trackin.

2014 Focus Titanium
does it pull when ur at a constant speed? that will tell u its the tracking, if its when ur accelerating i think that broadens the spectrum or possibilities!

Clio Sport 182 cup
also just checked tyres & 1 is different from other, would that make any difference, 1 on drivers is a goodyear eagle f1 205/40z17 84w & passenger is Fullrun 205/40z17 84w XL.

Peugeot 207 GT THP
As per Darthcake, definitely check your tyre pressures first. I know my 182 can be pretty sensitive to its tyre pressures and if one of the front tyres is slightly out it'll pull to the side. Does it only happen when you accelerate hard?

A number of clios
evan if the trackings bin done mate it might not have been done right i had mine done not long back had to take it back to be done again and it turned out some young trainee ad done it on his own so that could have happened

Clio Sport 182 cup
Rob 182 said:
As per Darthcake, definitely check your tyre pressures first. I know my 182 can be pretty sensitive to its tyre pressures and if one of the front tyres is slightly out it'll pull to the side. Does it only happen when you accelerate hard?

no doesnt need 2 be hard mate but harder u press more it pulls :(

Clio Sport 182 cup
p3rcy1 said:
evan if the trackings bin done mate it might not have been done right i had mine done not long back had to take it back to be done again and it turned out some young trainee ad done it on his own so that could have happened

Wel will take it down c about trackin @ the weekend cheers man :)

RenaultSport clio 182 CUP
did you get any sort of warranty from the garage? if so its their problem.

RenaultSport clio 182 CUP
Well i would give them a call and explain the problem. Exagerate a little bit always helps get the point over!
I wouldnt go and spend any money on the car unless you have to! Although i know having the tracking done dont cost much but if its not :D that then get the car back to the garage you bought it from!