ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! Someone help me! (mk1 fuel tank)

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Right i've had a proper look at the tank and it would appear that a part has snapped. I believe it to be some sort of thing.... :)o)

Anyway, its a white plastic thing and its sheared off. Its situated just behind of the o/s/r wheel if you look at the car side on.

It looks like a pipe thats attatched to the tank.

The pipe itself is pissing out fuel (hence the mole grips clamping it) but the white plastic part is not leaking anything.

Heres a pic or 2....

Right i've had a proper look at the tank and it would appear that a part has snapped. I believe it to be some sort of thing.... :)o)

Anyway, its a white plastic thing and its sheared off. Its situated just behind of the o/s/r wheel if you look at the car side on.

It looks like a pipe thats attatched to the tank.

The pipe itself is pissing out fuel (hence the mole grips clamping it) but the white plastic part is not leaking anything.

Heres a pic or 2....

No pics bud :(

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
SS855795.jpg

SS855794.jpg

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You're a bellend.

I opened this thread with such hope when I seen someone had replied! :(

Does the hose connect to anythings else in the vicinity ?

Could it be a plastic male male hose joiner thats broke with getting brittle over time ?

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It 'seems' to come out of the tank and back into the tank, hence why I think the fuel only comes out of the pipe and not out of the white plastic socket.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Have you tried pm'ing the mk1 boys (foxy etc)? They seem to make a habit of taking their motors apart!

ITB'd MK1
limited to what i can see as the cars on the floor, and not 100% on what i'm looking at in your picture, but I dont appear to have any of the parts you have

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
limited to what i can see as the cars on the floor, and not 100% on what i'm looking at in your picture, but I dont appear to have any of the parts you have

*cough*

F4r?

*cough*

;)

I am going to bung it up tomorrow and see how it goes. If its just a return pipe for the reserve tank then i'll fcuk it off and just make sure I never go under quarter of a tank.

53 Clio's & counting
I think it looks like the fuel return, il have a peek at the weekend, but i expect the MK1 boys would have been along and told us by then lol

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Right....

ph1fueltank.png

TOp of the pic in the middle, there is a smaller tank. On the bottom of that little pic of the smaller tank, there is something that bolts into the tank but I can't find out what it is or what its called! I need it! Mines snapped in half!

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Jord has just messaged me saying he thinks its the return for the overflow?

DO I need this? (He's not online anymore so I can't ask him)

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
that diagram is crap. how did it snap just black it up and see what happens? it wont be anything to bad does it still run with that clamped up?

A ANIMAL
"during the war" before garage pumps clicked off, the overflow tank would store any over filled petrol and feed main tank as fuel was burnt. Most old cars will have a pipe/tank for overflow. Although ii'm sure you're aware of this.

if you under it should connect to the smaller tank - (only had a 2L capacity or something) just block it off mate, wont cause any problems

Last edited:

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
This is a deffinate yeah?

I can block the rubber pipe off, but What do I do about the plastic bit thats stuck in the tank??