ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PLEASE REPLY FAST!

Sorry to be a pain but I want to install my xboz in car for the french show on sunday. So I need to buy it, get it delivered and install it in 4 days!

I need to know what power inverter to buy.

I have a 150w, 240v inverter which powers my PS1 fine, but when I plug my Xbox in it beeps contstantly like its going to blow up or something.

What wattage of inverter do I need?

Thanks for any help

Does it say anywhere on the Xbox what current it draws? it should be somewhere along side the voltage range it can use....

Hi mate

I run a PS2, 15" TFT screen and sometimes a phone charger off a 330watt power inverter and it runs fine. I think the Xbox draws similar amounts of power to the PS2 or possibly a little bit more.

Youll get away with a 300 watt + inverter.

Russ

Cheers mate, I tried it again tonight and it worked, albeit a little flickery.

I think its drawing a lot of current. The beeping which I was worried about is the inverter alerting me to the fact that the battery voltage has dropped below 10.5volts

It auto shuts off if it gets any lower. Should be ok with engine running though right?

Would upgrading the inverter to 300w help this?

Cheers

certain makes of inverters that I have come across in the past will draw a lot of power and can cause problems. Luckily we use Optima yellow top batteries so we can run one all day but you should get away with it if the engine is running. If not, maybe try a larger battery or an Optima if you are going to be using it a lot at the shows etc.

Have you tried it with the engine running to see if it makes any difference?

Russ