ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PLS Help 1.2L D4F 16V

ClioII 1.2L 2003
Dear fellows

I know this problem has been discussed many times but mine is a bit different .
Ok my car Clio II 1.2 16V was really running very smooth and had no problems and suddenly I realized some power loss from the engine but I thought it was just a dirty throttle body or some oil on the inlet manifold, although with these symptoms I could manage to drive it to 160-165km/h but takes some time and when I get trapped in traffic the prob appears as if the engine wants to shut down, rpm going down to 500 and then back up again to normal and I feel a slight hesitation, anyway I managed to drive it that way for 3 months until it was time to service it up:) ( Timebelt - Tensioners - Aux.belts - Water pump - Clutch Kit - Brake discs and pads ) all Renault genuine and a good old clean for the throttle body and the manifold .
When I was parking it in the garage my mechanic told that the engine is running on 3 cylinders from the hesitation he saw on the engine, anyway service was done and then we came to this problem......1st he unplugged one by one led until he found third one having no effect when pulling off...2nd he tested if this led was faulty by installing the spark plug to it outside the engine and made a good spark on a metal surface even by moving it far from the surface ( don't know how far should it be as to be a sign of strong or weak coil pack ) 3rd...the spark plug installed in this faulty cylinder ( as assumed:nono: ) is a bit dark from the bottom not white like the other three
Ok last thing he done was putting 2 or 3 drops of oil through the spark plug hole above the faulty cylinder as he assumed it could be a sticky valve.....and YES the engine ran very smooth....drove back home 20Km and every thing is fine....next morning the same old feeling of my hesitating engine.
I decided then to go to a Renault garage :( they said it could be an injector problem...installed an injector..same problem, so they told me it be valves problem and maybe need a set of new 8 valves or it could be a big problem in the engine bore :mad: ...I told them leave everything as it is and took off
What I'm confused about is how I'm running on 3 and manage to run on full speed ( but a bit lumpy ) as from reading threads all that have had this problem couldn't drive the car more than 40-50 miles and also very rough ???
I just want to know where am I going and EXPECTING before I remove the valves cover and begin to remove the HEAD:banghead:

PLEASE HELP

Amr

LY 182
dont just take the head off, you need to do a comression test, if no.2 is down on compression you then need to do a leak test and see where its loosing pressure through inlet exhaust or past a ring
next once you have determined that it is a valve visually check valves rockers and springs then if still nothing head needs coming off to check if ones burnt out

ClioII 1.2L 2003
just re read it
sounds like a stuck ring

new engine best bet if it is

easy there with me man:eek:

I think if it was a stuck ring oil will find its way to the combustion chamber making it a smokey car ( I have drops of water coming from the exhaust )

Yes I think it might be a burned valve as I forgot to mention that I realized a huge increase in fuel consumption ( 20L give me 300Km and now give me 230Km ) and this burned valve just spills a lot of fuel in the chamber giving unburned fuel ( that's why the spark plug looks browny )and also compression is lost through the gap of this valve
I really hope this is the problem

Thanx for your reply Ditz and will post results soon