ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Plusnet?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
There has been a few threads but just wondering on an upto date review from anyone who is with them before I take the plunge!

The thing i'm wondering is in my area the best speed I can get is 5mb,
So it won't really matter who i'm with because I will never see 8mb or 10mb!

Any ideas? I'm looking for 12month contract no more thaan £14/15 a month.

Don't want phone line or sky or bt.

Doing my nut in looking at deals tbh!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols at the location!

Is always 50/50 with all isp's!

personally i have never really been that much of a fan been with them for 4 years

my speeds are all over teh shop and my pings as i have been talking about recently are at the mo not good but cant tell if thats hardware yet

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I hear there roters aren't the best either! Grrr! Decisions!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm! I'm still not convinced!
It's maybe worth a abash as I can only get 5mb anyway so how bad can it be!

i was trying to stream iplayer last night it wouldnt go more than 15 seconds without buffering usually i can stream HD with no buffering

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Just sometimes throttled?

Thing everyone has issues with every isp!

'52 clio 1.2 16V
have you had a look at o2 broadband. we got an 8mb package for £15 a month on a 12 month minimum contract, but only pay £7.50 becasue someone in our house has an o2 phone.

We get about 5mb connection which i fully expected but it doesnt ever fall below that. Think we've also only ever had about half a days connection problem in the last 10 months we've been with them.

They also have unlimited download limits with no fair use policy (or they didnt when we signed up).

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
£15 isn't bad by the sounds of it mate will have a look.

See what their set up fee and stuff is.

I had broadband with bt a few years back do I still need the mac code even those i've not had braodband with them in years?

'52 clio 1.2 16V
we were with another company beforehand and were just told to cancel that and get the mac code off them and give it to o2. I think they need it everytime to transfer service.

just re-looked at it again and it mentiones a fair use policy but no specific levels. we regulalry use about 100Gb a month with no problems. I've never noticed it slowing down at peak times either.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Got to say since I joined with Plusnet the connection is superb even on wireless,

The best connection I can get in my area is 6mb so I don't need the fancy 20mb contract. Couldn't say a bad word about them so far. Been 3 months now.

If anyone is thinking about it, go for it.

Customer service is great, nice people who can speak english always help (bt take note)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I'd have gone with Be, epic provider and had no problems at all! I too live in an area were my max speed is meant to be 5mb, I'm currently getting the max of 8mbps with be!

www.bethere.co.uk

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I've had 6+ wireless. Wired should be up and running this weekend if I have time.