ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pms shifter issues Clio 172

Clio 172
this has prob been asked a million times but can’t find anything on it 🫤
Recently fitted a new gearbox which allready had the pms installed previous which now Iv re installed the box I’m having issues with selecting 2nd and 4th as it is fowling the sub frame is this an issue iv caused incorrectly fitting something, the only thing I changed on replacement is the top engine mount as the one I had on, the lugs had broke which held it to the car I assume the 182 are the same fitting as the 172 .
I have now changed the selector rod as I thought I may have bent it replacing the box but still no gears .
Bit long winded but really struggling to sort this any help would be appreciated

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
this has prob been asked a million times but can’t find anything on it 🫤
Recently fitted a new gearbox which allready had the pms installed previous which now Iv re installed the box I’m having issues with selecting 2nd and 4th as it is fowling the sub frame is this an issue iv caused incorrectly fitting something, the only thing I changed on replacement is the top engine mount as the one I had on, the lugs had broke which held it to the car I assume the 182 are the same fitting as the 172 .
I have now changed the selector rod as I thought I may have bent it replacing the box but still no gears .
Bit long winded but really struggling to sort this any help would be appreciated
You just need to adjust it.

Which way round is your dogbone bolt? They can hit this if the wrong way round.

Clio 172
You just need to adjust it.

Which way round is your dogbone bolt? They can hit this if the wrong way round.
Cheers pal I changed the dog and made sure the bolt wasn’t fowling the linkage Iv tried most positions but it’s fowling the subframe when selecting 2nd and 4th

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Cheers pal I changed the dog and made sure the bolt wasn’t fowling the linkage Iv tried most positions but it’s fowling the subframe when selecting 2nd and 4th
It's all in the adjustment, there's nothing anyone can say that'll help unfortunately! Presume you didn't remove the bolt from the boot but pulled it out the sleeve instead?