ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PMS strut brace vs castor adjustable top mounts

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Hi!

Considering BC racing DS series coilovers 8kg/8kg to replace my cup shocks and grams springs.

Currently running the PMS solid top mounts and strut brace, which won't fit the BC topmounts.

What would be more beneficial, the strut brace (does it really do anything?) or castor adjustability?

It will be for a non daily, just occasional weekend blasts and track days.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Nathan105e

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry for the thread revival, did you ever find an answer?

I'm ditching my SpaxRSX with Pure mounts and brace and are looking at a set of DS also.

Thanks.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
All the advice I got is listed in this thread 🤣

Also not made the jump yet, but I'm leaning towards castor adjustability over the strut brace.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Interested in the difference if you decide to get the DS. What spring rates are you going for?

Nathan105e

ClioSport Club Member
They're the ones il be having, I've seen mixed, mines a track car and rarely sees the road at all, so at least 8/8, some say 9 up front, some say 10.

V6 255, 172 cup, ph1
I've had the PMS strut brace/top mounts on a couple of cars (and the very similar ktec) and imo the improvement makes it worth it.

For the fast road/occasional track I haven't found a better setup than bilstein/pms top mounts and brace.

Don't think you'll need the extra adjustment unless you're really trying to shave 10ths of a second off on track, I'd rather the improvement in steering feel from the PMS setup for a road car