ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice! Pushing the button today on new Coilovers.

Nathan105e

ClioSport Club Member
I'm pushing the button today on a new set of coilovers!

Cars a track car with a once a month road drive just to keep things free!

BC Ds Coilovers with a choice of springs, swaying to either 9/8 or 10/8 with there use of top mounts.

Or Spax 750 Motorclub coilovers from Ktec, with the only springs they sell which are 740lb fronts and 450lb rears. but I can use my pure motorsport top mounts and strut brace! And I can set the camber on the struts.

I know the Bc get good reviews but is that from people who use them on road the majority of the time!

Any opinions appreciated, sadly AST are out my budget or this thread wouldn't exist 😭

Links...

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
The rears on the Spax will be a lot stiffer than the BC's with them being a true coilover setup.

The spring rate on them equate to 13kg/8kg. With the rears being a true 8kg rather than the BC's which is more like 4kg because of the inboard spring setup.

Nathan105e

ClioSport Club Member
The rears on the Spax will be a lot stiffer than the BC's with them being a true coilover setup.

The spring rate on them equate to 14kg/8kg. With the rears being a true 8kg rather than the BC's which is more like 4kg because of the inboard spring setup.
I did a little reading on that last night about how it changes it, I just can't decide which to go for, I currently have the normal Spax rsx, but seem a little too soft up the front (342lb or 6kg)

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I did a little reading on that last night about how it changes it, I just can't decide which to go for, I currently have the normal Spax rsx, but seem a little too soft up the front (342lb or 6kg)

Yeah you want it stiffer than that on the front.

The 750mc spec ones seem decent from what i've seen and the cars in that championship are flying to be fair.

If it’s a true 8 kg rate at the rear, the car will be undrivable on the road but if it’s a pure track car that might not matter.

cp1991

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 197
I use avo coilovers on mine and so far Ive been really impressed by them. I think they're the gtx but now called race 1. I only use it on the road though. They're Quite stiff but absorb bumps great.

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
If its a monotube rear coilover I'd be happy with an 8kg spring. My Tractive coilovers are 600lb springs on the back and I can happy drive that to a circuit. A- Roads are interesting but not terrible. With a twin tube setup it would suck ass though...

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
I use avo coilovers on mine and so far Ive been really impressed by them. I think they're the gtx but now called race 1. I only use it on the road though. They're Quite stiff but absorb bumps great.

AVO's new kit is the RT. I custom spec these for full on track use. Personally I dont favour the Spax or GAZ setups as a monotube you can go softer on the front than the rear. I run 500lb (9kg) front springs,600lb (11kg) rear. With good valving it works. I've got a few customers running similar on the AVO. With full slicks you'd probably want stiffer at the front but I like a little bit of compliance for kerbs with road legal motorsport tyres.

The AVO use a compbrake style top mount as standard so you'd be able to swap to your PMS one.

Nathan105e

ClioSport Club Member
AVO's new kit is the RT. I custom spec these for full on track use. Personally I dont favour the Spax or GAZ setups as a monotube you can go softer on the front than the rear. I run 500lb (9kg) front springs,600lb (11kg) rear. With good valving it works. I've got a few customers running similar on the AVO. With full slicks you'd probably want stiffer at the front but I like a little bit of compliance for kerbs with road legal motorsport tyres.

The AVO use a compbrake style top mount as standard so you'd be able to swap to your PMS one.

Il be dropping you a phonecall shortly Kev!

Nathan105e

ClioSport Club Member
I didn't push the button due to a reccomended coilover I've not even looked at until now.

Kevs advice was second to none and talked me through all the options, reccomnded the Avo's in the end . Does anyone have The current RT'S as a review point, it's put a right spanner in the works as I've over looked them from previous bad reputation.

If anyone's using them what we're you using prior?

Clio MK2
我最近還訂購了一個 AVO,Kav 還問我需要多少彈簧磅,我很頭疼,因為我擔心後部在 225 磅時會太弱