ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Points stay on a license

I dont think I ever got documentation for when I received an SP30. Am not sure of the exact date I was convivted with it...any easy way of finding out?

CLIO WILLIAMS #0215

what the hell is all that? about? stays on 3 years but cant get them off the licence for 4 years?

As far as I know, you can send off for a new license 3 years after the conviction and they take the points off, but insurance always asks for convictions in the last 5 years I believe??

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

I thought that all points except DDs came off within 4 years, but were invalid after 3 years.

I didnt know CDs were 5 year, Dam, those 5 points will be on for another 4 and a half years, not 2 and a half then.

Bugger.

Think this should just about sum it up:

Endorsements must remain on a licence for 11 years from date of conviction if the offence is :

drinking/drugs and driving (shown on the licence as DR10, DR20, DR30 and DR80).

causing death by careless driving whilst under the influence of drink/drugs (shown on the licence as CD40,CD50 and CD60).

causing death by careless driving, then failing to provide a specimen for analysis (shown on the licence as CD70).

or 4 years from date of conviction if the offence is as listed below :

reckless/dangerous driving (shown on the licence as DD40,DD60 and DD80),

offences resulting in disqualification.

disqualified from holding a full licence until a driving test has been passed.

or 4 years from the date of offence in all other cases.

Check this for more info:

http://www.dvla.gov.uk/drivers/endorsem.htmhttp://www.dvla.gov.uk/drivers/endorsem.htm

3 years for an SP30 then? ive got 2 on my license. in september got another year to run on my first one then, bugger :( ah well

was asking cos my renewals coming up but even after claiming, my premiums gone down by 200 quid! im astonished to say the least

Elise/VX220/R26

4 years for SP 30. The only things that are different are stuff like drink driving which is up to 11 years