ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

polished fuel rail guard

BMW F31
what the easiest way to polish this up?

also are there any ways i can do it so i have a brushed finish?

cheers :)

BMW F31
bump come on guys someone on here must know?

what grit paper should i be using, finish it of with metal polish?

to get a brushed look finish it of with fine paper?

is there particular metal sand paper available??

best to take it off and do it,

start using course wet and dry, and work down in the grades, at last use autosol and autoglym srp for perfect finish also do a serch it might help !

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
rmccardal said:
take it off and leave it off .

then if you crash, with no cover over the injctors/fuel pipes, they will split/get damaged

good call now? ;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
if the car hasnt already gone up in flames from the damaged pipes lol

BMW F31
Davehughes said:
best to take it off and do it,

start using course wet and dry, and work down in the grades, at last use autosol and autoglym srp for perfect finish also do a serch it might help !

i had already taken it off, but i wasnt sure on what to use to get it back to the aluminium.

i also did a search but i couldnt find anything that said how to actually get the finishes :rolleyes:

autoglym srp? whats srp? metal polish?

i bought a dremel kind of tool from halfords earlier and it has gotten rid of most of the discolouration etc but i guess i now need to use wet and dry to get it all over smooth?

i want a brushed kinda finish for the mo before i decide if i want it polished, just use a fairly coarse paper i guess?

also once i have done it whats the best way to stop it getting dirty and discoloured again?
Lacquer?

cheers guys :D