ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Polished inlet

Doing some little bits to my bay to clean it up, and I fancy polishing my inlet manifold.

What's the best way to go at this? I realise it's going to be a lot of work but will look ace when it's done :)

I've got some Autosol but I'm guessing that & some wore wool won't be enough. Is it a good idea to wet & dry it first?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!

I was thinking something like this, not sure if it's too OTT

R0yW0q6.jpg

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
You can't really see the engine paint, but it gives you an idea ;)

13275503845_cc7fd25245_c.jpg

13275582063_2ee335cbca_c.jpg

This was the rocker cover previously;

photo5_zpsebcfd064.jpg

And the dirty engine block;

photo19_zpsae9c160c.jpg

Then painted;

EngineWhole_zps052d1b66.jpg

BackoftheEngine_zpsae7fdbae.jpg

Not the best, but with a rattle can and some effort not too bad. If you are considering an engine bay tidy up, powder coating as much as possible is the way forward. Could get the engine cover hydrodipped or carbon fibred.

Have fun!

No need for high temp paint on the plastic engine cover. Any spray will do.

High temp for inlet manifold and engine though.

Id advise not to polish the inlet as it results in higher intake temperatures and it gets mega hot when polished. Pain ftw

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
No need for hi temp paint on the inlets or engine block.

I know because I've done it on my car.
My engine block is painted in Hammerite stain black and my inlets are painted in lunar grey 2k.
4a7y4udy.jpg