ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

polisher's

just wondering if anoyne had used one of these . one is 70.00 / 111.00 . ???? both from machine mart .

Last edited:
they both have twin speed . just as i have a mate that work's for them so was gonna get me slf one .

the first one A powerful, easy to use 230v power tool for polishing steel, sheet metal work and even dry stone & masonry. The FP1000/2 is an ideal alternative to air powered D.A. sander / polishers and particularly suitable for use in both car bodyshops & garages for polishing vehicles and boat yards for use on fibreglass & steel hulls. Ergonomic handles.
1000 Watt, 230v motor
2 speed gearbox - 1800 & 2020rpm
Fitted with 130mm dia. backing pad
Max. disc / backing pad - 180mm dia.
M14 threaded drive spindle
Ergonomic rear handle plus auxiliary side handle for comfortable use & control
Supplied with cork disc, pivot wrenches, disc lock nut & side handle

the second
Ideal for automotive or marine use, this 2-speed sander & polisher effectively restores a brilliant finish to good paintwork or quickly sands off old paint or corrosion prior applying new coatings. Running at its slower speed, it uses lambswool bonnetts and compounding sponges for surface polishing; it operates at its higher speed for effective sanding using abrasive discs.
1300 watts, 230v motor
180mm dia. backing pad
Dual operating speeds - 1000rpm (polishing/compounding) & 3000rpm (sanding).
Includes artificial lambswool bonnet and velcro rubber backing pad
Special D shaped handle offers numerous positions for operator to achieve a comfortable hold.
Spring loaded spindle lock for convenient accessory changes.
Weight 5kgs

Ad

MK2 FRS
These require a lot of skill to be used and something that you couldnt be used as a regular polisher. Not somehing i recommend tim. I wouldnt be comfortable using one.

Skoda Fabia vRS
you need more than 2 speeds and they shouldnt be used by someone untrained/inexperienced

personally i wouldnt touch em mate

106 GTi
Leave well alone IMO - But if you do get one practice on loads of old panels first! Plus you will still need a PC to follow up after with to get a decent final hologram free paint finish until you become very good with the rotary.