ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

polishing...

172 cup
just polished my cup and want it to look even shinier, what is the best polish to use?

whoops should be in detailing sorry x

106 GTi
As above but you will maybe need a more abrasive polish before the Super Resin depending on the paint condition.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I'd use Meguirs quick clay.... that gets rid of all the bonded on clap like tar and tree sap, then Autoglym Super Resin Polish, then follow that by Aytoglym Extra Goss Protection, used to give good results for mine :)

DSC01152.jpg

DSC01131.jpg

Dam i miss that colour :(

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I'm pc'ing my old one above tommorrow, should look even better :)!!!

106 GTi
If working by hand Laura of the shelf in Halfords something like Meguiars Scratch X may be an option. I would use on specific defects rather than the whole car as it will need repeated applications and some elbow grease.

This is a decent mail order option that has been known to yield good results - http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polishing/polish/car-lack-68-hand-polish-kit/prod_359.html

Best plan would be to find someone local to give the car a lick over with a machine polisher for you.