ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

polly bushes for rear beam

mmmm. got me thinking

Get the ride height sorted then get looking for one of those fancy race boxes then get that the shafts etc and the bottom ball joints and fit them lot.

if you want to run realy low at the back the full race rear damper and spring togtehr (ie no seperater real spring ) is the way forward. But realy you need a cage although yozzas car has run that setup for ages without issue for the race car look you realy should have one make sure it a proper recognised cage though not one of the show type ones people on here have from the oulton park cars.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
ive got the omp 10 point on order. its only bilstine who do the rear damper coilver in it?

ive also got the whitline rear arb too

Clio Sport 182
Poly bushes are made from plastic so they wear out a lot quicker than rubber ones and are less forgiving. Best going for uprated / harder rubber ones. What car are you after them for? Normally if you buy the part from a sportier model they are higher spec. ie cup racer bushes for you clio or M3 bushes for your coupé

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
these are goin on my 172 dude.. most of the CR parts are from france and a b**ch to get hold of!

its only bilstine who do the rear damper coilver in it?

ive also got the whitline rear arb too
I think so you can make your own though if you realy want form any dampers.

I dont rate that rear arb though much you could make one realy its not IMo that well done.

Best going for uprated / harder rubber ones.
What makes you say harder = better ?

Clio Sport 182
1976_lotus_77_f1_left_rear_suspension.jpg

I think that uprated rubber bushes would prob cause less stress than poly ones? Alternatively you could try building up a new suspension setup like above

M

mini-valver

Brand new stock ones and a well set-up suspension set-up would be better surely?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i have pollys on my 1.2 and it made a massive difference, i thought it had a responsive feel to it untill i fitted them, theres no play at all and imo it didnt feel too hard.

and polly bushes WONT wear out quicker than rubber ones?!

Lots of Alfas
The standard rubber ones are not too bad, I would imagine the poly bushes would be a nightmare to fit as you even have to heat the rubber ones to fit them in properly.

M2 Competition
You'll be able to run the car low enough by not using the height adjusters on the rear spring platform ben. Doubt you'd need it any lower than that, especially if its road legal.

Beyond that you'd need some shorter springs.

Agree with the comment about CR parts, supply is drying up a bit with the 197's out...