ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

poor fuel economy

clio 172 cup
my fuel economy isnt the best and my car holds back when cold, is this a sign of the lambda on its way out? i have no lights on the dash, n once warm runs fine, just not sure on fuel economy.

Clio Williams & 182
Have you checked the fuel lines? Get the car started so the fuel system is pressurised and have a really good check over, tracking the fuel feed, and the return hose from tank to filter to engine.

I was running about 19 mpg in the Williams until this weekend when I one of my lines finally gave up the ghost and spewed fuel all down the motorway. We replaced both the lines with some spare braided fuel lines I had in a lay-by (in the snow and dark) and my economy has never been better.

Lamda sensor is always a culprit of several problems like economy, emissions and idle, so yea it could be that too.

General poor car maintenance and sticking brakes can also be a cause.