ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Poor mans Xenons (HID's)

Fiesta ST200
To be honest, I cant afford xenons. So im going to have to buy a HID kit in order to get some brigther headlights.

Which is the best colour temperature to get? 10K?

Just want an opinion on the best temperature please :)

RB 182
No be dull as f**k but probably purple.

The higher the rating the more blue, but after 4300k you get less useable light 6K is meant to be pure white after that it just gets more and more blue.

They probably wont work properly in standard headlights anyway, you would be much better getting proper xenons.

Fiesta ST200
They would be brighter than standard headlights for sure.

8K is looking likely then.

Here comes project chav.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
6K mate, slightly blue nice and clear and they look good. anything over is far too blue and just looks crap tbh

Take it you don't understand the light spectrum? 10k is stupid and you shouldn't be fitting hids unless you have the proper projector style lenses.

RB 182
If xenons were on your wishlist you should have bought a FF 182.

Anything beyond 6K wont be brighter than your standard halogens with decent bulbs in. In fact i don't think my xenons are any brighter than halogen, just whiter.

You'll piss off everyone coming the other way when you've got your dodgy HID's fitted too.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
4.3k or 6k with a hint of blue (like you'll see on modern mercs)

8k is more blue

10k is blue

12k is slightly purple.

spectrum_1_1_1_1_1.jpg

I would go with 6k

BG PH1 Megane 225
Here's my car with 6k's in.

SDC10198.jpg

SDC10194.jpg

They are white with a blue tint in but not over the top I find, 5k would probably be closer to pure white.

Ive got 6k fitted to mine without having the proper projector headlights in and they look brilliant but not to bright to blind everyone coming towards me

Fiesta ST200
Gonna stick to HID kit actually.

Got some bulbs in atm that are supposed to be 100% brighter, they are brighter, but still give a horrible yellowy effect when you look at them. not good.

ka9

Clio 1.2+E46
Ive got 6k fitted to mine without having the proper projector headlights in and they look brilliant but not to bright to blind everyone coming towards me

can you post some pics please of your lights

cheers;)

Impreza Wagon
I'm not an aftermarket HID hater however I upgraded the bulbs in the daily hack Clio and got some great results. I think they were Halfrauds own brand ones and they doubled the brightness compared to the oem bulbs.

It's defo worth saving up for the xenon headlights though rather than the HID kit.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Just generalising really.

Most chavs wont have a pot to p*ss in. Which is why they all drive saxo's or corsa's

A Clio isn't massively expensive y'know.. I'm 18 and could afford a Clio sport, but I chose not to because I don't want to pay more than the cars worth in insurance.. It's sensible to wait.. Not chavy.

Fiesta ST200
A Clio isn't massively expensive y'know.. I'm 18 and could afford a Clio sport, but I chose not to because I don't want to pay more than the cars worth in insurance.. It's sensible to wait.. Not chavy.

But I assume your not a chav, my friend.

My quote for insurance was 6k. Dont think a chav can fork that out solely for insurance. Anyway, this is going way off topic so yeah :)

RB 182

+1 TBH.

Chav's aren't sensible. They buy a fast car, pay thousands to insure it & modify it badly with cheap coilovers and HID headlights then usually crash it because they can't drive properly.

TBQFH i think 182's are well on their way to becoming the next saxo vts.

Edit. Not saying your a chav. Infact far from it - paying £6k for insurance would make you a moron ;)

Fiesta ST200
I dont pay it buddy, company covers it :)

Anyway, im so torn on wether to save for xenons now :/ argh!

You sound like a right idiot. Get some proper xenon headlamp units not just bulbs. Honestly the nightbreakers are a very good bulb much better than the hids and won't cause other road users any problems.

Fiesta ST200
You sound like a right idiot. Get some proper xenon headlamp units not just bulbs. Honestly the nightbreakers are a very good bulb much better than the hids and won't cause other road users any problems.

Im not a 'right idiot'. Im just asking for opinions and now ive heard so many bad things about HID's im going to go for xenons.

PB Clio 172
To be honest, I cant afford xenons. So im going to have to buy a HID kit in order to get some brigther headlights.

Which is the best colour temperature to get? 10K?

Just want an opinion on the best temperature please :)

no offence but if you wanted zenons why didnt you just buy a non cup?

ka9

Clio 1.2+E46
has anyone installed hids on projector headlights
was thinking of getting some 6k

any tips or guide on how to install them

thanks