ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Poor OE radio reception 172 Cup

ex-Chinese Dave

ClioSport Club Member
After fitting my OE radio i've noticed the reception is very poor. AM is shocking and some FM channels break up. The CD player is fine.

Given that the car is 21yo and the aerial and it's base look 50yo am I looking at replacing them rather than piss around with different things before I replace them?

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry to hijack, but I've had a new antenna base for ages, but couldn't find a way of getting to the nut that holds it on. I pulled the headliner down a bit and took the boot apart, but couldn't get enough room to get a socket in there. Is it just a case of forcing it and hoping the headliner board survives, or was there something I was missing?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Sorry to hijack, but I've had a new antenna base for ages, but couldn't find a way of getting to the nut that holds it on. I pulled the headliner down a bit and took the boot apart, but couldn't get enough room to get a socket in there. Is it just a case of forcing it and hoping the headliner board survives, or was there something I was missing?
Why take the boot apart? Remove the clips in the headliner and rear belt thrn pull it down. You'll have to force the glue slightly but it'll sit back.

PB172,dci100,dci65
So if I going to fix my headliner, it is worth to change the antenna.....radio plays sh*t and cd changer is stuck ;)