ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Poor V6

Just curious, how many miles/owners is yours on mate?

Less than a handful of yours, colour wise?
It's had two previous owners mate, on 53500 miles now (I got it on 27k back in 2006)

Yeah it's one of eight blue Phase 1 cars. I've managed to find out about six of them (of the ones that stand out, one has been completely written off & is now in Poland. One is factory fresh, iirc only done about three miles!) Two I don't know about, but I'd love to hear about them.

rustedandrotten

ClioSport Club Member
  Gordini 200, LY V6
Apec Discs all round are about £300 with pads or you can go up a few quid with red stuff rears and yellow stuff fronts, front calipers are AP racing units, rears are from a Citroen! Cam belt service will cost you £1200-£2000 then you can start adding things like starter motors! 17" wheels seem to be more readily available than 18" wheels (remember fronts and rears are different!0 Well worth repairing as most the parts are easily available!

Clio with a body kit
to get that running ( properly ) wave goodbye to 4-5k. ( at least )

At least I'd say. Depending on what standard they want to bring it to. The smallest parts soon add up I'm learning this from tidying up my Illiad. I would of thought by the time I'm done i will of spent around £3k at least and nothing major was missing on it and the cambelt is not due.

Clio V6 and Ford Mondeo
You have to wonder why it is parked up, if you had a running driving car why would it be parked somewhere. Did it need alot of work and turn into a project that never got started ?

Clio with a body kit
Pictures of the car a couple of years ago looked mint.
Apparently the seller wants £10k for it.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
10k in its current atate with no wheels??

Unless it low miles/owners by the time you chuck 4-5k at it, are you any better off than buying one that is already in good shape??

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
It will always be known as the one on bricks that "insert name" bought and saved on a shoe string..

It'll never be the car that was garaged, loved, parked in a heated garage..

He can't even spin a web of bullsh1t "it's with a heavy heart I must sell my neglected Clio that's rotting away in the rain"

No thanks.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
From what I heard it was bought for a song a few years back, had a big service recently so is mechanically sound. The wheels are off for refurb and clearly it needs a significant clean or possibly some paint work but then it would be more than presentable.

£10k doesn't mean the owner wants to sell, just that that's what you'd have to pay if you wanted to take it off his hands. I get the impression they know how much (/little) work it needs and exactly how much it could be worth in a year or two/five/ten.

Fingers crossed when the owner picks up this project again we see it back on the road in the near future.

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
I paid just under 10k 3 years ago for my ph1, it has 6 owners 60k and desperately needed a front end re fresh to make it decent (still does).
So it's not even the most desirable car although it does have some nice mods and Ive been offered 15k numerous times but not entertained it.

All of the above bad points won't matter at all in years to come when there are even less of them about but the mods may go against it if original cars are being snapped up.

Anyway I think 10k is very top money for it and that's if there's nothing wrong with it other than what is obvious.

Clio with a body kit
Anyway I think 10k is very top money for it and that's if there's nothing wrong with it other than what is obvious.

Totally agree. To buy a car that looks like that i think it needs to work out cheaper or else you'd buy a mint one at the start.

DaveL485

ClioSport Club Member
  21T, 9T, Meglio, V6
Apec Discs all round are about £300 with pads or you can go up a few quid with red stuff rears and yellow stuff fronts, front calipers are AP racing units, rears are from a Citroen! Cam belt service will cost you £1200-£2000 then you can start adding things like starter motors! 17" wheels seem to be more readily available than 18" wheels (remember fronts and rears are different!0 Well worth repairing as most the parts are easily available!

I picked up a pair of front discs for a V6 for under £150, they now live on my 21 Quadra (Would you believe a straight fit) with some yellow stuff pads and 4-pots. It stops like it hit a brick wall once the pads warm up.

I paid just under 10k 3 years ago for my ph1, it has 6 owners 60k and desperately needed a front end re fresh to make it decent (still does).
So it's not even the most desirable car although it does have some nice mods and Ive been offered 15k numerous times but not entertained it.

All of the above bad points won't matter at all in years to come when there are even less of them about but the mods may go against it if original cars are being snapped up.

What mods has yours got mate ? I can't really remember, have you got KW3's on yours ?

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
What mods has yours got mate ? I can't really remember, have you got KW3's on yours ?

Yeah mate, KW V3's, full Janspeed, CDA Carbon air box, ph2 gearbox, yellow stuff pads all round, Sabelt Renault Sport steering wheel with B&G quick release.

I think that's it from memory.

Yeah mate, KW V3's, full Janspeed, CDA Carbon air box, ph2 gearbox, yellow stuff pads all round, Sabelt Renault Sport steering wheel with B&G quick release.

I think that's it from memory.
Cool, they are some nice mods! I have yellow stuffs all round, but that's it :blush: tbh though, I like good mods, but I'm not a modding sort of person.