ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Poorboys QD+ - Save your money.

Now, I've only ever used Chemical Guys QD (Speed Wipe IIRC, Strawberry smelling stuff) before now. But I thought well I don't mind Poorboys' wax, so I'll try their QD.

What can I say really, I'm unimpressed. Washed the stepdad's Mazda 3 MPS (Mica Black) so I could give it a whirl along with my snow foam lance.

Application - Spray & Wipe it says on the bottle. I did this (a fine mist, no point lathering it on), and oh my days does it streak. Absolutely terribly too. The amount of buffing (with 3 separate microfibres, as they seemed to stop buffing after a while) was horrendous. I'd actually have sweated less had I put Collinite 476 on the paintwork!
Spray it on everything too it says. Don't bother. It's terrible on textured vinyl type material, and rubbish on glass.

Comparing this to the CG stuff, that would spray, wipe and be streak free even on black cars. For the same price too.

Shine - Gives a decent shine to the paintwork in sunlight, but I keep finding the odd streak I thought had gone. This stuff will drive me mad though, forever noticing bits of streaky paintwork amongst the shine.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend it, and wouldn't buy it again. Might even punt it on rather than continue to use it TBH.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Complain to the seller? I would.

Never really fancied it tbh. I always try and buy after research mate. Hence how I ended up with Z6 eventually.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Polishedbliss have a 30 day money back guarantee mate. John is fantastic at dealing with complaints.

Bumder With A Buffer
I've never had any issues with using poorboys quick detailer as linked.

I blame user error.

How can it be user error following the instructions!

Cool panels, mist of detailer (not splashed on), wiped over the panel, buffed with dry side to continual streaks. It's gash.

I eventually got it streak free in the most part, but the amount of buffing and time required totally defied the point of a Quick Detailing spray IMO.

Last edited:

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Ahh, ok

The description does say:

Poorboy's Quick Detailer Plus adds terrific depth and gloss by laying down a super slick layer of Brazilian No.1 carnauba wax

spread a thin, even film of product using a Poorboy’s Deluxe Mega Towel. Then refold your towel, and buff the panel down carefully to fully remove the film

So it has got some wax in that does require buffing off once spread ;)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It requires a double buffing using 1 to spread and another to remove mate.

Carnuba content in spray products are a nightmare.

Z6 fin/

It requires a double buffing using 1 to spread and another to remove mate.

Carnuba content in spray products are a nightmare.

Z6 fin/

That's what I did. Then buffed repeatedly at it about 80 more times with a dry cloth to remove the streaking! John at PolishedBliss has asked me what wax has been on the car and what shampoo I used, might make a difference. Have replied so will see what he says.

Z6 sounds a bit finnicky too TBH, reading the application instructions. I just want to spray, wipe on, wipe off. Nothing more.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Spray on and pretty much just wipe it about the panel a couple of times and then leave it. Simple really.

It was just all the may need diluting with distilled water to get an even spray b****cks that puts me off. Oh and "YOU MUST USE 100% COTTON, MADE IN USA TOWELS" f**k off!

I'm not a celebrity detailer like you are dude!

Last edited:
  Not a 320d
Oh Z6 is wonderful. I dont think it adds anything protection wise, id sooner have Z8 (Or Megs 135 lolz - Seriously Megs 135 ftw) but it certainly looks great, best quick detailer ive used. But its damm expensive.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It was just all the may need diluting with distilled water to get an even spray b****cks that puts me off. Oh and "YOU MUST USE 100% COTTON, MADE IN USA TOWELS" f**k off!

I'm not a celebrity detailer like you are dude!

Loller! It's easy! Buy the bottle, spray it on the panel and wipe back and forth with a very plush detailing MF. 3 Eurow ones for £7 on CYC ffs!

I always thought you were cool and too good looking to be hanging about with Dave KG.

Think of me as the young pretender.

Oh Z6 is wonderful. I dont think it adds anything protection wise, id sooner have Z8 (Or Megs 135 lolz - Seriously Megs 135 ftw) but it certainly looks great, best quick detailer ive used. But its damm expensive.

It's not expensive you fool! I'm f**king sick of people saying that! It's less than a tenner!

A true decent QD should add no protection but, boost the finish. The likes of megs LT only remove finger prints and light dust. It doesn't alter the finish.

Z8 is Z6 but with protection. You wouldn't use Z8 everytime you wash the car would you?

Loller! It's easy! Buy the bottle, spray it on the panel and wipe back and forth with a very plush detailing MF. 3 Eurow ones for £7 on CYC ffs!

Z8 is Z6 but with protection. You wouldn't use Z8 everytime you wash the car would you?

TBH it would be nice to have a QD that topped up the wax, waxing my car is at best a chore. I used to QD after every wash ages ago (not on the SX, never cared enough) then wax maybe every month or so.

John thinks it may have reacted with another product, and has asked me to try it out on another car. SX had a coat of Natty's on Sunday so you'd expect a decent finish on another product from the company.

Not a 320d

Think of me as the young pretender.

It's not expensive you fool! I'm f**king sick of people saying that! It's less than a tenner!

A true decent QD should add no protection but, boost the finish. The likes of megs LT only remove finger prints and light dust. It doesn't alter the finish.

PMSL. Stress related.

No I wouldnt, but I wouldnt use a QD everytime I wash the car.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
i agree with the opening post. it takes effort to wipe off, whether you do it straight after appliance or leave it a couple of mins. i got mine in the bulk pack off polishing bliss and cannot fault the black hole and nuttys wax but this is not a good product. its not a "quick" detailer as described.

Tried it again today, on my car already protected with Natty's Blue. Much better this time round, barely any streaking (unless you get some wet in it out of panel gaps). Decided to treat it like a proper wax, so applied with one cloth, buffed with another.

I can only presume it reacted with something on the MPS.