ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Detail (Pic Heavy) It's been a while!

M140i
Decided to get some new cleaning bits for the car and as I haven't done the car properly for a while though I would give it a crack.

Used G-technic C2V3 and topped off with Collinite 476. Hadn't used either before and cannot stress how easy both were to use!

Also Used the 3M Headlight Restoration kit s my headlights were awful. Never sanded anything before, think I did ok but would be a lot more comfortable doing it again in the future :)

Enjoy, C&C Welcome as always

Ady

Began with taking all the old stickers off bar one as It has been on there since the day I bought it 3 years ish ago (testing longevity)

1-5Large_zpsbee28f82.jpg

1-4Large_zps8f5333fe.jpg

1-3Large_zpsa908d3ff.jpg

1-12Large_zps3dd8123c.jpg

Then proceeded to get on with the headlight restoration. They were awful.

1-Large_zps6fa66399.jpg

After, tried to get pics with light reflection to see if there are any marks. There are quite a few but I can live with them.

1-16Large_zpsd7e77b0d.jpg

1-18Large_zpsb6be5b48.jpg

1-34Large_zps9eca45cd.jpg

For £20 I'm happy

Then got on with cleaning the car. First off use the wonder product for £1.73 from Tesco (mentioned loads) and it works really, really well. Spray on, leave, rinse, job done & It is that simple. If you have protected your wheels then this stuff is perfect and it honestly just eats the crap on the wheels.

1-8Large_zps69715710.jpg

1-8Large_zps69715710.jpg

I have a video of it as well but really don't have time to mess about with it lol

Then snow foamed and left for 5-10 minutes

1-13Large_zps46d86fa5.jpg

Rinsed then washed with 2 bucket method, Meguiars Gold Class & Megs Washmitt, Worked it in with a brush for the finer detail on the badges

1-21Large_zps98176f01.jpg

Dried with some Sonus drying towels. Didn't really take pictures of the whole process as my wife was nagging me for spending this much time cleaning the car anyway lol

To summarise

Clayed with Speed Detailer and Sonus Clay
Re-Washed again with 2 bucket method.
Then as the cars paintwork was in relatively good nick from previous details I used the G-Technic stuff which I Diluted down to 1:3 after reading up about smearing, this seemed to work really well.
Then I topped off with a layer of Collinite 476 as I have heard good things about it on Silver and I think It came up well.
Wheels were dried, quick detailied then a layer of Collinited.
Windows cleaned using AutoGlym Fast Glass
Trim detailed with Meguiars Tyre dressing Applied then wiped off with a microfibre, I love the way it makes the black trim look, although it is a tad greasy.
Tyres dressed.
Exhausts cleaned and protected with Britemax Final Shine polish & sealant - awesome stuff
Dressed the engine bay with Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber cleaner
Job Done!

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

1-29Large_zps1478f200.jpg

1-48Large_zpsea48809b.jpg

1-47Large_zpsbb53790e.jpg

I love the flake :)

1-49Large_zpsfa9ba59b.jpg

1-54Large_zpsc33eef3c.jpg

1-55Large_zps424f2f57.jpg

1-64Large_zpsa12d1a28.jpg

1-72Large_zps93eeacbd.jpg

1-90Large_zps35c5e8bb.jpg

Only 2 stickers on the car now :)

1-83Large_zps36268724.jpg

Forgot to mention I had a go at wrapping the interior bits as well. Matt Grey with red inserts. Prefer it to the carbon I had before.

1-22Large_zpsf5bbbf30.jpg

1-28Large_zps1847e20e.jpg

1-26Large_zps1ff37e40.jpg

1-24Large_zpsd7a686ab.jpg

1-67Large_zps3885ae6f.jpg

Finished the interior with the addition of a California Scents Cherry, Yum!

Thanks for looking
Ady

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
If anyone local needs a hand washing their car let me know. . Just hoping to help and pick up some tips for my car.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Loads of stuff on here mate to help you out. Some well informed people too. Be warned its addictive, I've bought loads of crap lol

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Gally put me a kit together but no idea whats what lol. . Snow foam looks good..

sidey

ClioSport Club Member
  cup'd arctic 182
Results are great, looks lovely.

I thought the only reason to use collinite was its durability? Seems to me if you're going to wax over a nano-sealant it'd be purely for looks?

M140i
that's right, struggle to get a really deep glossy result on silver so been trying different things this seems to work quite well though :)

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Have a go at Auto finesse Tough Coat over tripple Ady. The only combo I've preferred for deep shine is tripple and Illusion (check magpies thread out for more results)

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
It's brilliant, and I've got a spare bottle coming from DW with a swap that ill happily sell to you cheaper than the shops of course!