ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pop and bang remap?

clio 182 ff
been watching videos on youtube and i want my 182 to pop and bang on overrun. seen that most of the cars that do are mapped at jms. is there anywhere else that can do this as its miles away from me. im near leeds would rs tuning be able to do this?

and anybody know of the cost?

thanks stonesy

Titanium 182
been watching videos on youtube and i want my 182 to pop and bang on overrun. seen that most of the cars that do are mapped at jms. is there anywhere else that can do this as its miles away from me. im near leeds would rs tuning be able to do this?

and anybody know of the cost?

thanks stonesy

RS Tuning could probably do it, I'd also look at getting an RS Tuner as you can also download pops and bangs on to that. What other modifications do you have? You'll need a decat! ;)

Titanium 182
How much is a RS tuner? Do you need to pay for each map when you downloand them?

Second hand they sell for about £90-100, you then buy the unlock code which is 55 euros (I think about £48), and then the map which is 29 euro for a normal 182 98octane (£25), or a bit more for the pops and bangs, think maybe 50 euros? You can then sell on the handset once you're happy, or keep it for further maps/diagnosis for your car. Essentially you've then remapped your car for just shy of £75. Not bad considering the change it makes to your car according to users of it on here (I'm in the process of getting mine unlocked atm, so can't say personally what it's like).

clio 182 ff
RS Tuning could probably do it, I'd also look at getting an RS Tuner as you can also download pops and bangs on to that. What other modifications do you have? You'll need a decat! ;)

got a decat with ktec supersport exhaust mate. i mite keep an eye out for an rs tuner then. if i was to get one where do you buy the maps for the rs tuner from?

Titanium 182
got a decat with ktec supersport exhaust mate. i mite keep an eye out for an rs tuner then. if i was to get one where do you buy the maps for the rs tuner from?

From Henk on here (fastchips.nl) - I'll be selling mine once it's on and tested, probs next week sometime - keep an eye out :)

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Do you need to know much about computers / technology to be able to use it and do it yourself?Are the maps for a 172 different prices?

Rb Clio 182
Just woundering why do people like there car to Pop and Bang for ??

as my clio does it and it does my head in any soon as you go over 5000rpm it Pops and Bangs and uses loads and loads of fuel

so why would you want it to pop and bang for ?

Fiesta ST200
Some people just like it, like me.

It's each to their own really, some like it some dont but it's your car so do what you like.

Quite an awesome party piece too, especially at night :p

clio 182 ff
Just woundering why do people like there car to Pop and Bang for ??

as my clio does it and it does my head in any soon as you go over 5000rpm it Pops and Bangs and uses loads and loads of fuel

so why would you want it to pop and bang for ?

when i had my fiesta on throttle bodies it used to pop and bang all the time and i just miss it on my clio. i love the noise it makes but just love popping. what mods have you got on yours which makes it pop and bang out of interest mate?

clio 182 ff
Some people just like it, like me.

It's each to their own really, some like it some dont but it's your car so do what you like.

Quite an awesome party piece too, especially at night :p

isnt it just. and you always seem to be able to get a crowd around your car at cruises and things

Fiesta ST200
have the got the overrun map on yours then? do you feel the performance increase or is it just the banging you get really?

It does seem to pull better, and removes little things such as the flat spot at about 3000 rpm with a de cat. The car just runs better on the whole.

So yes, you do get a performance increase.

I had mine done by Stone Automotive. Great bunch of guys, really reccomend them. At a great price too.

Fiesta ST200
In your opinion.

Ive had it done but i dont hang around mcdonalds making loads of noise. Just a bit of fun...

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Heard a corsa B with pops and bangs the other night, sounded s**t, car sounds llike a dog.
A bit chavvy imo. But I understand some people like it.

Each to their own.

Rb Clio 182
Yea i understand each to thier own but it just does my head in

i dont now i bought it of some one like it but its over fueling like mad it does about 15mpg it pops bangs and spits flames and covers the back of my car in black its horrable lol .

gunna try stop it doing it next year

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Yea i understand each to thier own but it just does my head in

i dont now i bought it of some one like it but its over fueling like mad it does about 15mpg it pops bangs and spits flames and covers the back of my car in black its horrable lol .

gunna try stop it doing it next year

I Have yet to see any of my current/ previous Clio Sports touch that mpg, Had 18mpg at Snett with the Over-run on so something is wrong there, Any lights on your dash?

Rb Clio 182
I don't know were to have the map taken off to be honest and the mpg is redicules .

And no lights on at all need sum advice on it to be honest lol

I mapped my car with the RS Tuner kit and was really impressed with it.
I first mapped the car to have the pop and bang map and I was impressed and I also mapped it without the pop and bang map just wondering if I could tell and difference and in my opinion I could tell a clear difference between the to.

The none pop and bang map to me pulled harder and felt better all round.

I emailed henk to see if the to maps where the same map just with pop and bang enabled.
He said the none pop and bang map has been uprated more recently compared to the pop and bang.
With him saying that it only confirmed what I thought about the none pop and bang map pulling better.

Besides that, the kit is a good bit of kit, easy to use too

Astra gsi turbo
i wish i understood it. i was on their website but i have no idea what im looking at, im to scared to ask as ill get branded a chav in macdonalds carpark. we dont even have a macdonalds where i live

corsa D / 172 clio
i wish i understood it. i was on their website but i have no idea what im looking at, im to scared to ask as ill get branded a chav in macdonalds carpark. we dont even have a macdonalds where i live

all you need is the standard rs tuner firmware 1.85 or higher mate.
once you have got your hands on one then you then download the software from henks website and that then stays on your laptop ready for each time you want to use the rs tuner.
you then plug the cable that comes with the tuner (usb end) into your laptop and the other end (obd plug) into your obd port that is under your ashtray in the centre counsel.
with the ignition on fully but without the engine running you then click the connect button on the screen of the laptop and the tuner will connect to and read your ecu thus giving you all the info you will need to choose which remap you will need to buy for the ecu set up that you have on your car.
once you have purchased the map you want henk will send it to you via email and you just download it onto your laptop and then follow the instructions to rewrite your ecu with it.
i was sh*tting myself when i did mine incase it all went wrong but it really was easy.
dont be afraid to ask for advice on doing it mate there are plenty of people on here that have got the overrun map(myself included) that dont hang around in macdonalds carparks and this site is supposed to be about people sharing info and helping each other out as fellow clio owners not putting people down and branding them idiots for wanting to try something different!!
at the end of the day if you want to try it go for it as you can change it on and off as many times as you like once you have got the rs tuner!
if you need any help just ask!!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
all you need is the standard rs tuner firmware 1.85 or higher mate.
once you have got your hands on one then you then download the software from henks website and that then stays on your laptop ready for each time you want to use the rs tuner.
you then plug the cable that comes with the tuner (usb end) into your laptop and the other end (obd plug) into your obd port that is under your ashtray in the centre counsel.
with the ignition on fully but without the engine running you then click the connect button on the screen of the laptop and the tuner will connect to and read your ecu thus giving you all the info you will need to choose which remap you will need to buy for the ecu set up that you have on your car.
once you have purchased the map you want henk will send it to you via email and you just download it onto your laptop and then follow the instructions to rewrite your ecu with it.
i was sh*tting myself when i did mine incase it all went wrong but it really was easy.
dont be afraid to ask for advice on doing it mate there are plenty of people on here that have got the overrun map(myself included) that dont hang around in macdonalds carparks and this site is supposed to be about people sharing info and helping each other out as fellow clio owners not putting people down and branding them idiots for wanting to try something different!!
at the end of the day if you want to try it go for it as you can change it on and off as many times as you like once you have got the rs tuner!
if you need any help just ask!!

that sounds very helpfull, i read on here that 'henk' wasnt very helpfull towards people needing information about the tuners?

corsa D / 172 clio
that sounds very helpfull, i read on here that 'henk' wasnt very helpfull towards people needing information about the tuners?

i can only say as i find mate and henk is a complete diamond for people that are properly interested in his products. i have asked him loads of questions about different things and he has always come back to me with a solution or a suggestion and when i had my custom map done by him he was beyond brilliant! drop him a e mail mate.
dont believe half the stuff you hear on here mate alot of the time its just people that have not got what they have wanted out of someone and then they just slate them for the hell of it.