ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pops and Bangs!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Are these more common in turbo cars then na cars? (im talking exhausts)

I'd like a system that pops on the odd occasion for the clio......

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
to make a clio pop and bang you need a stand alone ECU system and have it mapped in,

most your likely to get from a standard one is the odd burble

to make a clio pop and bang you need a stand alone ECU system and have it mapped in,

my old clio pop'd and bang'd quite nicely. I had a straight through system to 2 small back boxes

My old 172 popped and banged every once in a while. Was with the supersprint race system fitted (no cat and only one "silencer") though and only when stinking hot.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
well ok there are exeptions, but if you want it on demand then omex or similar is the answer... mine spat a flame once... apparently

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Mine used to do it when it was cold on overrun. Proper bangs and crackles. Sounded amazing!!

After about 5 minutes of driving though, it would not do it no matter how hard I tried. Rubbish. :(

Mine used to do it when it was cold on overrun. Proper bangs and crackles. Sounded amazing!!

After about 5 minutes of driving though, it would not do it no matter how hard I tried. Rubbish. :(

Obviously not hard enough, poor showing for a car salesman you lot normally drive like proper c-units :rasp:

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
A mate of mine has a 106 Gti with only basic mods and a supersprint systems and it pops and bangs and spits flames all the time! I don't see why a clio couldnt be the same with the right system tbh.

Clio 172
my saxo used to pop and bang its little 1.4 heart out. it had a 4-2-1 manifold, supersprint straight through pipe and a scorpion back box. some times it would happen in between gear changes.

my old 205 would pop, bang and flame on track - unburnt fuel and a v hot exhaust

i read somewhere that BMW's Mini Turbo has been mapped (by the factory!) to inject fuel to create this effect; it shuts the function down if there's any danger of CAT damage

my old 205 would pop, bang and flame on track - unburnt fuel and a v hot exhaust

i read somewhere that BMW's Mini Turbo has been mapped (by the factory!) to inject fuel to create this effect; it shuts the function down if there's any danger of CAT damage

indeed it does, at least thats what perfomance car wrote in the review of the JCW

PH1 172 Sport

indeed it does, at least thats what perfomance car wrote in the review of the JCW

Yep GF's Cooper S does it all the time makes it sound a bit of an animal!!

182 for sale £7000
trust me mate drive my car for a while the pops and bangs do ya head in after a while plus unwanted attention from the police

BMW E92/Audi S3
Mine pops and bangs when i want it to, unless its cold. I absolutely love it..
Especially when the tank is just over half way. First it burbles and then you feel this quite big pop from underneath you and if you have your window open, you hear it echo around the buildings :) sounds the dogs b****cks

R35 GTR
I can get mine to do a proper bang on lifting off the throttle if i tap it quickly and gently straight after.

BMW E92/Audi S3
I can get mine to do a proper bang on lifting off the throttle if i tap it quickly and gently straight after.

Thats what i do, quick tap of the pedal.
I have decat now, makes all the difference. I think for the really sweet pop and bangs you need
-Remap
-Full system/inc decat/sports cat

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
A mate of mine has a 106 Gti with only basic mods and a supersprint systems and it pops and bangs and spits flames all the time! I don't see why a clio couldnt be the same with the right system tbh.

there is a 106 gdi round wolves/bilston area

not sure on mods, but got a type of Group N system and that went off like a firework - shitfted and kept up with rob_clio172rs when we met him

sounded very nice

Mk4 Polo
it's just overfueling on overrun. Although it does sound the nuts.

nope, it's ignition r****d. overfueling will just give you black smoke. you actually pull fuel out and r****d ignition in the overrun area to make bigger pops

Sorry mate, but when you r****d the ignition this is called 'anti-lag' and is only done on Turbo cars. On an Omex unit you can dial in overfueling on the overrun, In my experience it doesn't change the ignition timing at all. Unless I'm prooven wrong?

ITB'd MK1
nope, it's ignition r****d. overfueling will just give you black smoke. you actually pull fuel out and r****d ignition in the overrun area to make bigger pops

Sorry mate, but when you r****d the ignition this is called 'anti-lag' and is only done on Turbo cars. On an Omex unit you can dial in overfueling on the overrun, In my experience it doesn't change the ignition timing at all. Unless I'm prooven wrong?

Yes, quite aware of how an omex works lol, I fit them. Overfueling on overrun isn't right, I promise you. By retarding the ignition on overrun you raise EGTs which gets the exhaust hot, that's where the pops and bangs come from. By overfueling you're just cooling down the exhaust gasses. excessive acceleration fueling will give big flames if you tap the throttle and have retarded ignition on overrun.

this was yesterday afternoon lol
viperflames.jpg

Si

RS Clio 172
my 106 used to do it all the time with the group n pugsport. loved it, especially turning heads when it really pops.

was hoping to get something similar for the clio eventually.

oribsoud maybe? without pops and bangs and it aint worth it imo.

Focus RS mk1
my 106 used to do it all the time with the group n pugsport. loved it, especially turning heads when it really pops.

was hoping to get something similar for the clio eventually.

oribsoud maybe? without pops and bangs and it aint worth it imo.

the 106gti fil_b was on about had the group n pugsport zorst sounded like a bomb going off!! i have the orbisoud 172 race exhaust off the old cup racers de-cated and now its cammed and mapped it pops more when cold but on a hard run when its red hot it will do it also.

Black Gold Trophy
you just need a fairly straight through system, it is just over run (fuel igniting in the exhaust when the throttle is closed)
My corsa was on standard management but had a few inlet and exhaust mods that caused it to pop and flame.

ive seen an unfettled 172 spit fire with the right map setup kidda, dont really need stand alone, but it defo helps :)